Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* San Diego (La Mesa) Travelodge

Hunnypot4pooh
By Hunnypot4pooh,
in

Sorry to hear you're not pleased with the outcome of this purchase.

If you have tangible issues (ie- you can show them something is dirty... as opposed to 'the furnishings are outdated') with the hotel upon arrival try to sort them with the hotel and if you can't resolve then call HOTWIRE and get them involved. They may be able to intervene on your behalf and if they can't resolve will sometimes refund the balance of the stay, but they will typically make you at least try the hotel first, rather then rely on third party reviews.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay... hope it goes better then expected.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I spoke with a Hotwire CSR after booking it to let them know I had a lot of anxiety after reading the reviews. Hotel management was described as hostile on tripadvisor by more than a few people. Hotwire told me to call ASAP if I had any problems and they would move me to a different hotel.

Our stay did go better than expected, although this hotel assignment could be difficult for some.

We were traveling as a group of 4, so this hotel worked out well for us (one of our kids is staying at Grandmas this week). Groups of 5 are not allowed in one room at this hotel, which is unusual for many CA hotels (we have stayed at many CA hotels). Some places will charge a fee for a roll-away bed, but it has been our experience that most will accommodate families of 5 - especially with young kids. This hotel requires the family to book a second room, and if they do not they are turned away. The hotel will keep the deposit or the entire booking fee (depending on how room was booked). One reviewer on Tripdadvisor said their family was locked out of their room at night because management saw their undeclared 3rd child. A lady I met at the hotel pool lamented that her daughter came to visit her at the hotel (not staying overnight), but was not allowed past the front desk because she had her chihuahua with her.

Bottom line: This hotel takes their policies very seriously and enforces them. If you can not happily abide by these policies, do not stay here.

Their diligence does work in making the hotel a quiet and well run operation. I came in pessimistic, but left impressed. The front desk people were always kind and helpful to me. They have a big bowl of soft mints on the counter (gratis), which my 8 yr old son never failed to visit when entering/exiting the hotel. At the end of our stay the manager gave him a little bag of mints to take home. Our "low flow" toilet was clogged and they arrived with a plunger in 20 minutes. Housekeeping did clean late in the day (around 4 o'clock), but they did a very good job. The policy of 3 bath towels for 4 guests is annoying, requiring us to request an additional towel.

Hotel room was spacious, and even had a foyer area. Room amenities included an in-room safe, refrigerator, wet bar area, and microwave. 2 comfortable queen-size beds were in our room. Parking spaces were very skinny, making parking in the lot difficult with a full size vehicle. Parking is limited to one vehicle per room, but there is NO PARKING FEE. Pool was only 4 feet deep, but was heated and had a shady cabana area available. Pool towels must be obtained at the front desk. Free continental breakfast was pretty good: bagels with cream cheese, toast, mini-cinnamon rolls, danishes, raisin bran and frosted flakes cereal, oatmeal packets, waffle iron with batter, orange and apple juices. Area was kept clean and well-stocked all the way to the end of breakfast time (9:30AM).

Hotwire amenities listed: Pool, continental breakfast, high speed internet.

This hotel also has a laundry area, but it is not shown as an amenity on hotwire.

So if their hotel policies work out for you, this is a nice place to stay. If you require flexibility, this might not be the place for you.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]