Priceline Hotel: 4* Providence (Downtown) Westin Providence

marty1966
By marty1966,
in

OK, so, here's a quandary for ya'll. Last week I bid, on Thursday for the next night, downtown Providence and after 4 attempts at $5 intervals, I hit at $75 at the Westin, yeah for me.

This week, we were fortunate enough to ditch the kids for this friday night (last week we had the kids) and I figured, let's head down to Providence again. So, this morning I start bidding, same technique as before, started at $60, $5 increments. Well, this time I get shut out on all 8 bid attempts, took it all the way to $100. So, the conspiracy theorist in me started thinking. Is there a chance that Priceline blocks you out of a certain zone if you try two weeks in a row, (or some other arbitrary time window). So I have my wife bid, she started at $75 and wouldn't you know it, I hit on the first bid!!

Now, is there a chance that there a flags that pop up if you try the same zone often? Maybe the hotels ask that these persons not get the lower price too often?

Like, my wife was a new user so maybe in order to wet her beak, they give her a low winning bid?

I tent to doubt it, but, this mornings evidence is to the contrary!

Have any of you Better Bidding folks seen anything like this before?

Thanks, James.

Congratulations on your success!

For the time being I'd attribute this to a temporary glitch in the system (or it's possible that inventory was lower priced inventory was added to the system between the time you and your wife had bid) ... we have so many users who are very high volume PRICELINE users that they would likely have reported something like this before. And while this may be something new, remember that while human nature often gravitates to a "us vs. them" both mentality, both PRICELINE and the hotel want you to win a hotel (PRICELINE doesn't get paid without it... and the hotel wants to fill an otherwise empty room)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and time away from the kids.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]