TOP SECRET: 3* Seattle Airport Coast Gateway

canuckprof
By canuckprof,
in

There's much discussion but little real aggregated info about Travelocity's opaque service. I've used Priceline and Hotwire many times but Seattle seems pricey this summer. I thought I might give Travelocity a go for a short trip to Seattle July 26-29. Their selection is 1-3 star properties. I've tried to approach it with the same strategies as Hotwire's selection but I can't for the life of me figure which hotel it might be.

There is a 3* identified as in the Seatac area (though their maps are larger than Priceline/Hotwire) showing breakfast, shuttle, smoke free and Internet. Price is $61 (CDN) plus fees, a bargain this summer. Customer rating is 4 stars with high marks for comfort and cleanliness, though no indication if that is one or a hundred combined ratings. Try as a I might, using those amentities and comparing in a different browser, I cannot nail down the hotel. Selecting only breakfast and shuttle to keep the search broad, four 3* hotels show up as available:the Coast, Holiday Inn and Suites Kent, HI Express Seatacand Springhill Suites. None match the user ratings exactly. I'd be happy with any of them at this price but want to avoid a surprise.

Has anyone on the forum used this service in Seattle or can maybe suggest something I've missed? Appreciate the help.

Update: decided to give it a shot thinking the most likely result would be the Coast Gateway. Turned out to be the Coast. Yay. I knew it was a good possiility with PL but wanted to avoid getting the Doubletree with their extra charges for parkig and wifi. The Coast location works better for us as well. Final price was $207.09 Cdn July 26-29. Used the Travelocity link. All in all, we're happy especially since prices seem highish this summer.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]