Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (The Loop) Palmer House Hilton

openstage
By openstage,
in

Hi there!

Any idea what this could be? I found it today 7/7/11

$143 July 21 - 25, 2011

4 star Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville area hotel (6.1 - 7.5 mi from city center)

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed Internet

90% recommended. Listed as a best value

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm not currently seeing this property offered when searching HOTWIRE for your dates... are you still seeing the above on your own search? If so, are you searching HOTWIRE for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes - it's gone now. You see what we're looking for is a 3 - 4 * hotel close to downtown with a pool.

What I see now is this instead:

2 adults staying 7/21 - 7-25 checkout

Chicago Loop - Millenium Park - Grant Park area hotel

4 * hotel for $108

Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Internet, Spa

90% recommended

Any guesses on what this could be? Thank you for your help!

I just booked a hotel with that description (though the price fluctuated to $106) for 7/15-7/18. The hotel turned out to be Palmer House. This is notable because the BB hotel list doesn't show Spa on the Palmer's amenities. I was expecting the Wit, but Palmer will be just fine, too. Thanks for the help, BB.

Cheers.

openstage,

I agree that the best guess for the 4* above is the Palmer House... it's been speculated that this was the Palmer House as they have a new Spa which recently opened, and badbacon's win confirms as does this Hotwire Chicago thread from earlier today.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

badbacon,

Can you please post your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. Please include the star rating, city, zone, room rate, dates and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view all of this by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page. Feel free to ask for help in the future before your purchase as i'm sure we could have clarified that this was not likely The Wit.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

YES - it was the Palmer House and I just booked a room. It seems very centrally located, now I'll try to save $$ on parking elsewhere in the city.

7/21 - 7-25

4 * hotel for $108 - Chicago Loop - Millenium Park - Grant Park area hotel

The Palmer House by Hilton

Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Internet, Spa

90% recommended

Thanks BetterBidding for this awesome resource!!

Winning Hotwire bid placed on 7/7/2011

4 * hotel for $108 - Chicago Loop - Millenium Park - Grant Park area hotel

The Palmer House by Hilton

7/21 - 7-25

Fitness room

Indoor Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed Internet (fee),

Spa

90% recommended by reviews

Thanks BetterBidding for this awesome resource!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]