Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Grand Hyatt

patrickready
By patrickready,
in

Perhaps a local might have some additional insight, but i see a few smaller events which collectively may be contributing to the higher then usual demand... the Red Sox are in town (a big draw in most cities... at least on the east coast), a Sounders game, a few races (including the Goruck Challenge... not sure how big this event is), in addition to 'regular' summer cruise ship traffic.

HOTWIRE does have what appears to be the same 4* hotel in the Pike Place zone for $155/nite if you search for each date individually... what is your maximum budget for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was really hoping to keep everything at $140 and under. I haven't see this price any where. We're actually coming up from Portland, OR for the Red Sox baseball series as we always do however we've had issues with getting rooms around$125 for the Pike Place area for when they are.

I'm kind of at a cross-roads - would it, at this juncture, be worth my time to wait till closer to the event date?

Sometimes the hotels at the airport (SEA) can work very nicely for people. The light rail to downtown is quick, inexpensive and (IMO) kind of fun to ride. The airport hotels usually are a whole lot less expensive, and some of them have free parking.

If it seems a possibility to you, you can see a list of SEA Priceline wins in the first post in this area.

Romelle

Based upon current rates at the moment $140 all-in seems like it will be a tough win... you can wait it out and hope for lower rates in the weeks ahead (of course they could also move in the other direction), lower your star rating to 3.5* or consider alternate zones (such as the airport, which the light rail has a stop directly at SafeCo Field).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd really like to avoid the seatac area.....not exactly the safest place. plus the shuttle, how late does it run - i couldn't find any info on it. we're really looking pike place area cause everything in walkable. once we arrive, park and walk the city every where.

I only looked up one SEATAC hotel - the Doubletree (it is a 3*). Its shuttle runs 24 hours a day. I'd guess the rest would tend to be competitive.

A note said the Doubletree shuttle will also stop at the light rail point, as well as the airport terminal.

If you meant the light rail, trains start moving about 5AM, and the last train leaves downtown Seattle at 12:37AM.

Of course there are the 3*s downtown? On the retail side PL has some nice brand name ones, but one never knows what one will get. The three wins reported here are:

3* Coast Roosevelt ($269)

3* Courtyard Pioneer Square ($219)

3* Mayflower Park ($209)

The rates are PL retail for your dates.

The only review submitted (a couple years old) is less than positive. (If you haven't found it yet, the list of reported wins is the first post in this Priceline - Washington area, and there are links to reviews if there are reviews.)

Romelle

Seattle has been really expensive for all of August going by the bids reported. We have friends who have decided to go from 25th-30th and have been bidding on priceline with no luck for these dates (they aren't registered on these boards but I believe they have bid up to $190 for a 4* and $145 for a 3*), then checked hotwire and there is no option in the Downtown-Pike Place area for these dates at any star rating. I'm surprised how expensive Seattle is, considering other popular summer destinations have been much more affordable.

what hotel did you get at 156? we need 3 rooms, and just wasn't ready to pull the trigger.

I actually didn't book it, Matt. That deal has come up an down on Hotwire over the last 2 weeks. Their prices went from $135 to $156 over night and have been at $156 for the last 3 weeks.....I feel stupid for not jumping on something sooner however I've never in 15 years had an issue getting 4* in Pike Place area for $125 and under.....

Seattle has been really expensive for all of August going by the bids reported. We have friends who have decided to go from 25th-30th and have been bidding on priceline with no luck for these dates (they aren't registered on these boards but I believe they have bid up to $190 for a 4* and $145 for a 3*), then checked hotwire and there is no option in the Downtown-Pike Place area for these dates at any star rating. I'm surprised how expensive Seattle is, considering other popular summer destinations have been much more affordable.

Correct. We won a priceline bid of $171 for 4 star hotel Pike Place for 8/26. The cruiers who stay in hotels there before/after cruises could also be taking up hotel availability.

After many failed attempts at bidding...started 4 weeks ago around $100/night - pricing has not gone down a bit. I finally was able to get something at $165/per night. Hotwire availability has not proven consistent.

I utilized the PRICELINE link within the forums to bid.

Given the current market rates for the month of August and the peace of mind of having something concrete and under my belt - I'll take this as a win.

Also, parking is $28 per day for self service parking....$35 for valet.

Congratulations on your success!

While a bit more than you originally expected, glad to see you've got this stay settled and are pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay... and the baseball games!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]