Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Wichita (Northeast) Holiday Inn Express

nextiger
By nextiger,
in

I will be traveling to Wichita, KS on July 6, 2011 and leaving on July 7, 2011. I have been bidding on 3.5 and 3 star hotels in all areas of Wichita for the last 3 days and have had no success. I started off the bidding fairly low at $45. I have recently upped the price to a max bid of $65 a night. Based on reviews here on Better Bidding, I should have won a hotel by now. Im just wondering if anyone can give me some advice how how to get one of the 3.5 or 3 star hotels in Wichita. I don't really want to go down to the 2.5 stars cause they don't look like anything too special. Thanks for the advice.

Please follow-up your previous Priceline Car Rental thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip... then click this PRICELINE link and reply to this thread, we'll have a look at your trip above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (please click this PRICELINE link before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry I forgot to update that previous thread. Didn't book a car so I forgot about the thread. Any help with a 3.5 or 3 star hotel in Wichita would be greatly appreciated. I was really hoping for the Hyatt Downtown, but I don't think that is going to happen. Thanks

I have been biding everyday for the last 3 or so days. The max I have gone up to is $65.00. This is really the max price I would like to spend for either a 3.5 or 3 star. I thought, based on past wins that I definitely could have won something below $65.00.

I went ahead and did another round of bidding tonight. Working my way through the different zones and working my way up to $65.00. I was still unsuccessful in all my tries. Tomorrow night will be the last time I will be able to bid before my visit on the 6th. I guess if I can't win something then I will be forced to go down to a 2.5 star and lower my price. Hopefully someone can help in getting me a 3.5 or 3 star hotel for my stay. Thanks for the help.

The lowest 3* retail Priceline for your date was $124 - a Holiday Inn. The Courtyard (3*) was $179 and the Marriott (3*) was $174. It certainly suggests some major event which is letting all the 3*s price pretty high. A fairly big drop in price for the 2 1/2*s.

If you do end up trying the 2 1/2*s, you know you need to close your browser and then come back in again at the 2 1/2* level? This lets you work your way through the different zones while you increase your bid. If you don't back out, all the zones you checked at the 3* level stay checked, and you only get one bid at the 2 1/2* level.

Some cities allow same-day bidding up until 11PM.

Hope something works for you.

Romelle

Hopefully someone can help in getting me a 3.5 or 3 star hotel for my stay. Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately there is no 'trick' to it... you're bidding up to your maximum bid, and based upon current rates, at this time it's not enough for a 3* or better hotel for this stay... your bids are just about half of prevailing rates at the Holiday Inn, and only about a third of rates at the other two properties quotes by Romelle.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your bidding.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

While not your first choice, glad you found something last minute that hopefully works for your needs this trip. At the 2.5*, 'decent' and 'typical' can be pretty good... could certainly have done worse :)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]