Priceline Hotel: 4* Downtown Seattle

k4man
By k4man,
in

I've been bidding through your site on a room for 2 nights July 7-9, with no luck. I started at $80.00 and just went to $150.00 per night, with no luck. They just offered me a "one time try" if I went up to at least $190 per night. Hotwire is at $187.00 for 4*. Any suggestions?

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry if resurrecting, but my question is related and thought starting new topic wasn't necessary.

Are we safe to assume that if a 4* hotel is shown on PRICELINE EXPRESS via Bidding Helper for $247 (6/26, 1 night, Pike Place), that naming our price wouldn't be successful until we came fairly close to that $247 price? As in, the chances are low for a bid of < $200 (maybe even $225) being accepted. Is that correct?

Using your example above, under $200 a very low probability of success... $225 not unheard of but on the low end of the likely acceptance.

HOWEVER, PRICELINE bidding and the PRICELINE EXPRESS service each use a different universe of hotels, so it's possible that you could receive something for substantially less than the $250 rate shown by the Express side of their service. If you'd like a strategy to follow for your own trip please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]