Hotwire Hotel: 2* Quebec (St Foy-Airport YQB) Comfort Inn East

lee1
By lee1,
in

I started last night on trying to obtain a 3* for Quebec City. I started at $70 and today I went as high as $85. There are 3 zones - Beauport Quebec and Sainte Foy. I have tried all 3 areas while raising my bid. This is starting to get a bid rich. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd prefer to not go to a 2*. In addition to the approach I have been using to simply add zones and raising my bid offer is there any way of knowing that if I were to drop the night of 7/2 which is a Saturday and the day after Canada Day that I might have better luck? Thanks. I did use the PRICELINE link but I doubt that you get any benefit unless I am successful.

Sorry to hear you have thus far been unsuccessful.

While there is no way to know for certain (without trying) if dropping the first nite of your stay will help your situation, a little research indicates that it very well might. It appears that quite a few property have a fairly large rate change from Saturday nite vs. the other two nites.

If you'd like help with a suggested bidding strategy let us know.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if you decide to try SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have decided to split my nights of stay. I used the PRICELINE link again for one night using the same 3 zones and bid up to $109 for a 3* but with no luck. So I obtained on of the hotels that Priceline had available for the 1 night and obtained the Chateau Fleur de Lys on 7/2/11. It may not be fancy but it has a good location.

For the nights of 7/3 and 7/4 I tried Priceline again. I bid up to $85 for a 3* with all 3 zones and had no luck. I used the PRICELINE link again for this bidding. After this failure decided that I could stay out of town since I will have one night in town. Since I failed on Priceline I used your HOTWIRE link and selected a 2* with the amenities of a free breakfast and laundry for $68.00 st the St. Foy area. I obtained the Comfort Inn Airport East. I believe this is a new location for your site.

I don't know if you want me to post this information on the Hotwire side of your site or if you want it in both locations. I can post just the basic facts of the Hotwire stay on that board if you wish.

Congratulations on your success... glad to see you found a way to make things work for these difficult dates.

From your post, am i correct that the Chateau Fleur de Lys for 7/2 was a 'retail' purchase in the sense that you knew the name of the hotel you'd be receiving before your purchase? If not we'll ask you to post that win as a NEW TOPIC, but as i think it was indeed a 'retail' purchase, we'll edit the topic title of this thread to reflect your HOTWIRE purchase and move the entire thread to that section of the board.

However, can you confirm that Breakfast and Laundry were the only icons associated with this property... or was there also a Hi-Speed Internet icon? You can still view the amenities associated with this purchase by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links and sharing your purchases/wins, helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Have a great trip enjoy the holiday.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are correct that the Chateau Fleur de Lys for 7/2 was a retail purchase.

You are also correct that the Comfort Inn also included Hi-Speed Internet which I failed to add to the list.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for all of your hard work on this website.

• 2 weeks later...
You are correct that the Chateau Fleur de Lys for 7/2 was a retail purchase.

You are also correct that the Comfort Inn also included Hi-Speed Internet which I failed to add to the list.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for all of your hard work on this website.

I hate to jump into an old thread, but I was hoping you could follow up on your trip. I was about to book this hotel and wanted to hear some reviews from someone from this site first. Also, what's the address. There are a couple of 'Comfort Inn East' and I want to check reviews on the right one.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]