Priceline Hotel: Resort Phoenix (Fountain Hills-Fort McDowell) Radisson Ft McDowell

marsuz2007
By marsuz2007,
in

:)

Was looking to win the Westin Kierland. Bid $50 4* North Scottsdale, rejected. Added Apache 2* rebid $55 rejected, Added Chandler 3* rebid $60 rejected, Added E. Mesa 3* rebid 64 rejected. Added Fountain Hills Fort McDowell 3* rebid $66 and won the Radisson Fort McDowell deemed a 4 star resort! Never had this happened before and am not very pleased.

Tried calling Priceline informing them that there was no option for a 4* hotel when you only select Fountain Hills-Fort McDowell before naming your price. If it were available for selection, I would not have used that as a rebidding zone. Priceline refused to let me rebid stating that it is a 4* resort. Just a warning for everyone when using Priceline. Is there anything I can do or will I be stuck in this hotel for 3 whole days?

Your stuck, this is why you never use a zone that has a star rating at or higher then the zone and star you are bidding! There is always a chance you will be upgraded when you do.

This is not a bad resort and is much better then some in the zone you were bidding.

I was only bidding on 4* hotels. I never selected 3* hence why I thought I was safe using Fountain Hills-Fort McDowell as a rebidding zone since according to Priceline, the highest star level for Fountain Hills-Fort McDowell area was 3* upscale. The other zones I selected were max 2* and 3* (lower than 4*) since I was using them for a free rebid.

Sorry to see this didn't work out for you.

...the highest star level for Fountain Hills-Fort McDowell area was 3* upscale.
This isn't the case... if you go back to PRICELINE and select the Fountain Hills-Fort McDowell zone, look at the available zones and beneath the 1* is the Resort category, which is available in this zone (as you now know). Although not listed in order on the PRICELINE website, the zone hierarchy is:

5*

Resort

4*

3.5*

3*

2.5*

2*

1*

Hope this helps for your future bidding.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay... hope you can make this work for your needs.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't even realize Resort was an option and that it is above a 4* status, but now I know for future bidding.
Yup, it can be a little confusing if you're looking out for it!
And, I always use the PRICELINE link above...
Thanks... appreciated very much! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]