Skipper2108
By Skipper2108,
in

The Month of june looks crazy. Hotwire is showing 4.5 * for $410 their price

ouch. The cheapest was $278 ouch again

People using priceline are being rejected for anything under $225

WHAT IS GOING ON? We always got a 4 star at Price line for $110 to $140

Now people are paying $175 for a 3*

again what is going on? Any sugestions? We are willing to use hotwire but no more then $165 for a 4.5* or 4*

Of course Hotwire ratings are always .5* higher for the same hotel. Example a 4.5* howire is 4* Priceline SAME HOTEL

Also the hotels drictly are going for $379 for the most part. Topping in low $400's

BAFFLED

It is a peak time in NYC... we see the above frequently during periods of high demand.

If you don't mind being on the east side, i would book the Beekman Tower which is available HERE for $175/nite (there is no booking fee so just about equal to your $165 Priceline or HOTWIRE purchase).

Their 1BR suite provides much more space than the typical NYC hotel room and has a complete kitchen... and the reviews are excellent. As well, the reservation is cancellable up to 72 hours before check-in, so you can continue to try the opaque services. However, unless you can get something significantly cheaper i would stick with the above... the affinia group (the hotel owner) has been making a very good name for themselves in NYC.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,

You are great as usual, Few questions

1) the link you gave me is a OFF THE RECORD hotel. How do you know what hotel this is?

2) Is there a fourm for this EasyClickTravel? A fourm like yours that shpws what the hotels are?

3) did you ever think of making an EasyClickTravel area showing what the hotels are.

My wife said she made back up plans for the Park Central at $200 Ouch. We stayed there before and know what the hotel is. We liked the area and hotel. Not as nice as the Le parker merdian nextdoor, but still nice. We felt it was better then a 3* More like 3.5*

Your Beekman Tower did get some bad reviews at Tripadvisor. Plus the hotel is on 1st ave and 49th. Not the best area.

Can you tell me does EasyClickTravel have a Good deal on the Park Central? Do you know which Off the RECORD is the Park Central or Le Parker Merdian

We will still try

The negative reviews of the Beekman are from before May of 2003... there are about 50 reviews since then which give it a glowing recommendation. One of our own users just returned from the Beekman and had positive things to say, which you can see at the end of this BEEKMAN TOWERS NYC post.

Yes the Beekman is a bit east, but it's an under 10 minute walk to the subway (or there is a bus right near the hotel), for a summertime stay i wouldn't be concerned about walking to the subway. Compared to the reviews of the Park Central i'll let you decide :)

You can plug the URL's of opaque EasyClickTravel deals into our EasyClickTravel Reverse Look-Up tool to see our opinions of the hotel's identity. If a hotel is not identified instructions on emailing us are given.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok this is what we did so far. We made back up for Park central $199 Wife wanted this area and Hotel. We stayed in this hotel before through priceline and was Very happy. I don't know why some of the negative reviews???

We will still try priceline till the very end. But since people are paying $170 for a 3* that does not pay for us to do.

Seems the Prices in NYC are dropping a little. So maybe Priceline will open up. If we can get a 4* for under $150 we will do it. Otherwise we are staying with what we have.

Hotwire prices are just plain Nuts. I wont touch them.

Again Ty for your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]