Priceline Hotel: Please help, bidding for 3.5* Forest Park/Clayton

PJGirl
By PJGirl,
in

I've been unsuccessfully trying for the Sheraton or Crowne Plaza in Forest Park. I've been researching and based on that I bid $46 and it was rejected. My stay is 6/29-7/3. I don't want to overbid, but I'm ready to get a hotel once and for all so that is checked off my list. Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Rates for Clayton for these dates are moderately higher than normal - possibly something going on in the area, as downtown seems cheaper and other STL surrounding areas appear more reasonable - you could likely get a 3.5* for $40-50 in the STL West-Chesterfield area, but I'm guessing a 3.5* win in the Forest Park/Clayton area may take as much as $60-75 for these dates.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

We also thought about lowering our bid to a 3* (I think it would be the Residence). However, I've seen a lot of bad reviews from review sites, but Priceline has mostly good reviews for it. Does anyone have any experience with that hotel and what a good price might be for it? Also, a lot of what we will be doing will either be around the Forest Park/Loop area or downtown. How far is Chesterfield from that? We've stayed at 4* downtown, but paying for parking eats up any savings that you get through name your own price. We are looking for a good hotel, with free parking and complementary breakfast would be a plus. Thank you.

Yikes, I might as well stay downtown. I do online research before bidding and I saw somewhere that they have free parking, I guess that was wrong. I guess I'm going to try my luck with either the 3*in Forest Park (which is under going renovations, kind of makes me nervous) or a 4* downtown. Also, I'm using Priceline bonus cash, which is $7.50/night. I submitted a bid last night for a four star downtown that a dollar above my winning bid alerts I had been getting from Priceline all day long. It was rejected. Is bonus cash really effective or do you have to make a real cash offer that would be considered a winning bid in order to get the room? It seems to me that it might just be a ploy and I'm going to end up spending the same about of money with or without the bonus cash.

... and click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links...

NOTE: you can still use our PRICELINE link along with your bonus money as follows:

1) click our link to PRICELINE and let the page fully load

2) at the top of the page go to MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS

3) use the bonus money link found in the MY REWARDS section of your profile (and not the link in any emails sent to you)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]