Hotwire Hotel: Downtown LA in August

Curly
By Curly,
in

Hi

Flying in to LA from Australia ,August 20th for a month's holiday in USA.Will only be staying weekend in LA.Have settled on Downtown area and am interested in any advice for getting Hilton Checkers or similar in that area.Am open to suggestions for other locations or hotels.

Thanks

Please provide the actual check-in/check-out dates as 'the weekend' sometimes means a different number of nites to different people.

When you bid you should be willing to accept any hotel at that star rating in that zone. You can see previously reported hotels in the area in the PRICELINE HOTEL LISTS.

If you'd like to target a specific property, EasyClickTravel or HOTWIRE may be a better option (but still no guarantees).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry for not providing more detail earlier. This will be my first trip to LA and simply from reading guides I have settled on Downtown as my base.Settled on Checkers from web reviews and also comments on this site.I'm not married to the property itself but would like to stay in the area.Will be without car and most probably jetlagged.I am flexible with price up to US$100.

Settled on Checkers...

The point i am trying to make is that you can settle on a zone and a star rating, but not a specific hotel as when you use the opaque services you don't have the liberty to choose the hotel you want (that is the trade-off for the savings).

HOTWIRE does have what i believe to be Hilton Checkers but it is listed at just about the same price as the HILTON website. They also have a 3.5* hotel in the zone for $108, so i'm sure you could get something near your price range.

Let us know if you want to try to priceline for anything in the zone at the star rating your choose or if you want to (pay a little more) and go with a service where you can have a good guestimate of what the hotel will be beforehand.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]