AZ Tucson Holiday Inn North Airport

hot2trot
By hot2trot,
in

Stayed at the Holiday Inn North in Tucson on the 16th of June. I would say this place is about a 2*, but it does have amenities so maybe that is why it gets a 3* rating. Very nice pool area. There is actually lots of grass around the pool. Tables w/umbrellas to sit at and eat if you want. This pool area is in the middle of 2 buildings so feels rather private.

The hotel itself is very dated. About 30 years old, it looks it. I asked when the renovated the rooms last and was told it was about 2-3 years ago. The hallway and elevator areas looked a little worn and dated, but hey, I am not there for the interior decorating. The room itself looked updated. Clean and very comfortable bed, nice bathroom amenities. Had a good nights sleep. The parking lot in front is huge and it looks like a large asphalt jungle, very little landscaping.

Inside the main building, they have a very large lobby area with a restaurant inside a bar area as well as a separate restaurant. I had a dinner salad in the evening and in the morning had breakfast in the restaurant. They offer a breakfast special for $4.00 - 1 large pancake, 2 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon. The pancake was delicious! They also offer meeting rooms. Nice waterfall in the lobby that was on in the daytime, but not when I checked in at 10:00 pm.

All in all, the stay was comfortable. Good food on the grounds, reasonably priced. This isn't a place you would love to hang out at, but serves the purpose. Oh, the best part - they accept dogs! (I was traveling with two cocker spaniels)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]