Priceline Hotel: Strategy for getting a hyatt bellevue midweek

EasyMac
By EasyMac,
in

I am quite new to the bidding game. I travel to Bellevue, WA every week and I have reading this forum as well as TOBB. It seems like it is relatively consistent in getting Hyatt Bellevue for ~32 on weekends and there are actually success in getting that mid-week. I have been trying to bid on PL for the past few weeks and my success rate has really low. I only manage to get it once so far and when I try that on hotwire, I got doubletree instead. Is there a strategy for doing it ? Should I try bidding higher ? Use multiple day instead of 1 etc ? Or is it just not possible since you are not suppose to know the winning hotel in the first place ?

I am trying for midweek stay. I have tried almost the whole of June and July. 6/2-6/6, 6/9-13, 6/16-6/17, 6/19-6/20, 6/25-6/27. 6/30- 7/3, 7/7-7/11, 7/14- 7/18, 7/21 - 7/25 . I have tried single day and a few 2 nights combination but so far my only successful bid is for 7/1-7/2. I am actually on business travel but I only have budget for $150 including taxes and Hyatt Bellevue has never show up with such a rate on regular booking so I just end up staying at some other hotel. I am diamond with hyatt and there is a FFN promotion going on so it will really be nice to be able to spend some nights in Hyatt.

Just doing some random test, i show mid-week rates of $172/nite and weekend nites of $93/nite.... so this hotel probably only consistently offers their low Priceline rate on weeekends.

If you notice your recent success at this hotel for mid-week (and i would suspect the other mid-week successes you have witnessed) was for bids placed just a few days before check-in. I suspect this hotel only makes availability to Priceline for mid-week at the very last minute and when occupancy is very low.

If this theory is correct, i would only recommend bidding this for mid-week stays within 3-4 days 1 week (edited due to reply of when prior bid was accepted) of check-in. I think any further out than that would be futile. Next time your successful, check the hotel's website and see if the rate has gone down there as well. If it indeed has, this will give you an indication of when/when not Priceline is worth a shot.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]