PL is broken

mbstone
By mbstone,
in

At least for me, PL has all but stopped working. PL is rejecting tons of my bids in areas and in ranges that it should be accepting. Right now I am staying in the Oakland Airport zone where I don't want to be, but PL rejected all my SF bids up to $91 and down to 3*. The same thing is happening in SoCal. PL had put me in every Orange County property, one at a time, and now all my OC bids are rejected in ranges that other people are getting (up to 52 and down to 2.5* in Anaheim N, Anaheim S, and Buena Park). Something is really screwy. Did I do something to tick off PL, and if so how do I fix it.

Update: PL put me in Irvine in a ding-$15-for-parking property. 3* $51 should have gotten me any number of properties in South Anaheim or Buena Park that don't charge for &^% parking.

I want to stay in SF and Anaheim, not Oakland and Irvine. And I don't have all day to look at screen after screen of rejections.

I was in SF the same days as you, 6/14-6/16, mbstone. Priceline wasn't broken, just expensive. Those were busy dates--there have been a lot of them in SF lately--and probably you weren't bidding high enough at $91.

I ended up paying $88 on Hotwire for a 3* in Civic Center South; high for that zone. iirc, the Hotwire 4* were all $200+.

PL rates are up from a year ago in a number of places and it does make PL feel a little "broken" when you're used to getting something for $50's and suddenly it's $80's.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]