Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Notting Hill-Bayswater) Hilton Paddington

Seattle
By Seattle,
in

I used the PRICELINE links.

We'll be in London in August for 4 nights, with a group of 6 and I've spent an astounding amount of time looking at apartments, b&b's, vacation rentals, and Priceline and Hotwire. I was almost going to book an apartment, but spent a fair amount of time researching London on this board, and came to the conclusion that something in the mid-80's might get me the Hilton Paddington.

I really wanted to be in the Hilton Paddington as we need ready Heathrow access as we have a guest coming in from Paris via Heathrow, I'm headed to France via Heathrow, and the rest of my family is headed home via Heathrow. With Paddington being a 15 minute train ride from Heathrow, this made the most sense.

So, my strategy going in was going to be:

- $85 with bid in Notting Hill/Bayswater. If rejected, add Westminster, if rejected add Bloomsbury, if rejected add Mayfair, if rejected add Hammersmith (no 4* in Hammersmith), if rejected add Wembley (no 4*)...and going up by $1 increments.

Wouldn't you know it, starting at $85 and I got the Hilton Paddington on the first try. I'm not sure if having 12 room nights helped or not, but I'm not complaining.

Best apartment deal I could find in London in August was in the same area, but $250 for the same stay, and only had 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. It would have worked, but this will be better. Best hotel rate on the Hilton Paddington web site that I could find was $234 + tax.

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $85.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 3

Number of Nights: 4

Room Subtotal: $1020.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $222.60 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $1242.60 (USD)

Thanks Betterbidding.com and to Thereuare for all the years of this board.

- Seattle

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like an excellent deal... well researched and glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for! Sounds like this works out perfectly for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

PS- hope to see you over the summer again :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]