Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Mayfair-Soho) Sheraton Park Lane

traveljunkie
By traveljunkie,
in

Hello,

I'm not totally thrilled with this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews but the location looks great. The hotel's website has a total with taxes as $1,248.61 prepay rate.

Just an FYI, I started bidding for 5 * Mayfair-Soho & Westminster and went up to $215 and never received a counter-offer

Bid on 4* starting at $105 and used many rebids since 6/11/11

Thanks to your Entertainment Book posting on this board, I used the $20/3 night bonus on PRICELINE.

there's alot in between but this is the final thing that happened today for Soho-Mayfair & Westminster as the target:

bid 4* at $145 (+$6.67 per night bonus added) = $151.67 REJECTED but offered a counter of $185 (the first one I received in all the bidding)

bid $155 (+$6.67 bonus) = $161.67

Received the above hotel and this is my PRICELINE breakdown for 3 nights.

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $155.00 (USD)

Room Subtotal: $465.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $109.32 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $574.32 (USD)

Used your PRICELINE link--thanks for this board!!!!

Congratulations on your success!

Reviews are important, but sometimes when receiving a deeply discounted rate you also need to put them in perspective. For those paying the full rate you quoted above, they probably expect a LOT, and it's possible the hotel falls short... but at half the price it might be a fantastic value. I've had stays where i've thought it was a great deal on a PRICELINE rate and would look forward to returning, but if paying full price i would have had different feelings about the hotel.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]