Priceline Hotel: 4* failed - Downtown Pike - 3 rooms, 8/12-8/14

mattclarke
By mattclarke,
in

tried over two days. first attempt was denied at $91. I was not willing to reduce to 3.5 stars or add any other areas so I waited two days and tried again with no success @ $96

I need 3 rooms (6 of us going) for 2 nights.

As long as you add other areas which don't have any four stars you have nothing to fear. There are quite a few areas in Seattle that have no four star hotels, so you can get quite a few "free rebids." Before you bid, click on each area individually and see what the star allocations are. Write them down if necessary so you don't forget or get mixed up. If you still don't win and try bidding again after the 24 hours, check again the star levels of each area. It could change and you wouldn't want to be disappointed.

I booked a cancellable hotel for our August trip and will try PRICELINE about 1-2 weeks before. From what I have been following so far, the winning bids are much higher than I hope to pay. ( I was hoping to win something in the $80-90 range). I have a basic lodging booked for $116 a night. I am not willing to pay more than that even if I could get a nicer hotel. I will get free parking, continental breakfast and free wi-fi for my $116. I will keep watching the wins and if I see some at a lower price, I will start bidding.

Good luck to you!!!! You can still add other areas:

Bothell

Kirkland

Lynnwood

N. Everett

Renton

Airport

Universit of Washington

Hotwire's 4* Downtown Pike Place for your dates is $136. While one can usually do a little better via PL bidding, it still sort of explains your problem.

When I checked the two dates separately, the 12th 4* was $134, but there was no 4* offering for the 13th.

On the retail side of Priceline, the low 4* was $156.

Others have suggested booking a cancelable back-up. This might help you bid more comfortably until the last minute.

Looks like you've got a bit of a challenge here.....

Romelle

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]