Priceline Hotel: Looking for 4* or Resort in Fort Lauderdale

Xray
By Xray,
in

Hello, I'm new here and am learning so much about Hotwire and Priceline from this site. I just happened to stumble upon it this evening and am addicted. I love it.........

I am looking to book either the Mriott Harbor Beach Resort or Hyatt Pier 66 for December 3. I need a room for 4 adults. Please help and give any suggestions. Should I start to bid now or wait. If I can get by with one room I'm willing to pay up to $200, if I'll need two rooms I'd prefer to stay aroung $100. Any help is appreciated......

:)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

With both Priceline and HOTWIRE you can't choose the specific hotel, we can often narrow down the possibilities to a likely one or two, but there are never any guarantees.

While Priceline is usually the least expensive, they only guarantees double occupancy (after that is up to the discretion of the hotel); HOTWIRE is often a bit more but enables you to select up to quad occupancy. Here are some threads you may want to read to determine the route you'd like to take:

I'VE NEVER USED PRICELNE or HOTWIRE

QUAD OCCUPANCY

Bed Size and Number

Priceline 2 vs. 3 people

Let us know your thoughts and we'll help you proceed... i suppose the first decision you need to make is if you are willing to accept the fact that you can't guarantee the hotels you have mentioned above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am willing to take a chance with priceline, and get a better price even if I don't get the exact hotel I'm looking for. From the looking around on this site it seems like I might be successful. I will not be upset if I don't get the exact hotel or resort. Do you recommend starting with a request for 2 rooms at a lower rate, then I'd be sure of the occupancy rate, or take the chance of 4 people in one room? It' for a pre -cruise with my husband, son and his girlfirend.

The HYATT is currently sold-out for your dates thru their website, although it does seem to be avaiable on HOTWIRE and thru other sources.

I don't think you'll be successful for one room at $100 (you can try) and i wouldn't use Priceline for one room for 4 adults (2 adults and 2 children maybe, but not 4 adults) this far before your stay... use that more as a 'last resort' option.

You can book the Hyatt Pier-66 HERE for $191/nite. That rate is for 2 adults and if you add additional adults it goes up by $30/pp. However, change it to 2 adults and 2 children (under the age of 12) and the price will remain at $191... just don't have all 4 adults go to the check-in desk (ie- "the kids are in the car" or something to that effect)

The Marriott Harbor Beach is also available HERE for $235/nite... regardless of the number of adults you select.

If you're willing to spend the money, and given the sold-out condition on the Hyatt's website and the high prices at the Marriott's website ($309/nite), i would book one of the above as a back-up reservation and see if availablility improves and/or gets less expensive as your travel date approaches. The above are fully cancellable up until 72 hours before your check-in date (please use the "HERE" links above to begin your reservations).

Let us know your thoughts.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, thank you for using the link above.

I would check back here in Aug/Sept or so and bump this original thread and see if rates have come down at all. At least you know that you'll have a roof over your head at your desired property at a price that is less than otherwise typically available.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]