Hotwire Hotel: Vancouver hotel help

ankuragarwal123
By ankuragarwal123,
in

Hi,

I am going to Vancouver for the nights of June 11th (sat) and 12th (sunday). The first night we wanted to stay in a cheaper hotel in the downtown area since we may drive in late and the 2nd night we wanted to stay in a 4 star or higher hotel in downtown again (essentially any area where you can walk to bars and restaurants).

I looked up Hotwire prices and I can't figure out which hotels are which. The only ones that I could really tell for the 12th night from the postings are the Crowne Plaza at 3.5 stars for $108 and probably the Westin Grand 4.5 star for $174. I was really curious as to what the 5 star hotel (downtown west) with restaurant, pool, fitness, spa, gold and business center is for $144 (best value) and what the 4 star (downtown west) customer favorite with boutique, restaurant, pool, fitness, spa, kitchenette, laundry is for $135.

Thanks,

Ankur

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Let's keep this thread for your nite of the 12th, please start a new thread for the nite of the 11th (this will enable us to keep both stays separate and reflect the win in each of the thread's topic titles).

The 5* hotel appears to be a match for the The Sutton Place and the 4* appears to be the Pacific Palisades.

Let us know what you decide to do and/or if we can be of further help. Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just checked again this morning for the 12th and there is a new one in Vancouver West 3.5 star for $86 with restaurant, pool, fitness center, tennis, business center and laundry. This seems like a good deal. but which hotel has tennis? Also is the Sutton Hotel worth it for all that money?

Thanks so much for your help "thereuare". Oh and I am a Michigan grad as well. Great to see other Wolverines out there.

Can you bid on priceline and get any better hotels than many of the std 4* listed on this site? I was wondering if you could big from the any of the boutique hotels or 5*. From what I can tell the answer is no but I wanted to verify from all of the experts out there. Cause otherwise I might use Hotwire since I have a better idea of the 4.5* and 5* I can get.

I was checking for the 11th-13th (not have re-read the post... only picking out the dates and then searching for them).

I believe the 3.5* is the Coast Plaza Hotel... don't have time to double check that it's in the zone but will a bit later.

In regards to your question above about Priceline... not quite sure if i understand, but if you're asking if you'll get a better 4* hotel than what is on the lists, then you probably don't want to use priceline. Although somebody could get a new hotel that you would deem to be 'better', all of the other hotels are also in the zone, and you could just as easily get one of those (which apparently you don't want).

Let us know if you have any additional questions and/or how it goes. If you're making two separate purchases, please use this HOTWIRE link for each purchase. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not sure if I understand some of your questions, either, but I did want to mention that you might be able to get a 4* on Priceline for $75-$80 for both nights (although the Saturday night check-in might make this harder). You can see the most likely hotels by looking on the pinned hotel lists here. You might want to consider that, if it looks like Hotwire is fairly expensive, unless you have a real preference for a hotel you think you can ID on HW.

If you do bid for both nights on PL, you won't have to move hotels, of course and most of the PL 4* are very nice hotels with easy access to downtown.

You have three re-bid zones when bidding 4* in the Vancouver area. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel freet to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

If you know which 3 zones qualify as your re-bid zones, this is how i woudl proceed:

Select 4* Vancouver...

Bid $67, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $71, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $76, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $80.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]