Hotwire Hotel: Boston (Quincy) Best Western Adams Inn

SummerSun
By SummerSun,
in

I am new to the bidding.

I need to book a hotel near Boston China town between 6/20-6/22, preferably within walkable distance or have bus connection, not much requirement for hotel stars, so long as it is clean.

Any idea what my options may be and how much I can start my bid?

Thanks a lot!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I believe Boston's Chinatown is generally considered the southern most part of the Quincy Market zone and the eastern most part of the Copley Square zone... if you go to PRICELINE and look at this region, are you able to stay anywhere within the boundaries of either/both of these zones?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did tried bidding at priceline at both areas + Boston harbor and water front nearby, I tried bidding at 100 all the way up to 130 even including 1 star hotel in my list but no luck.

I end up booking the hotel through HOTWIRE today, "Best Western Adams Inn" at 29 Hancock St, Quincy (Boston Area) for $118/night with 2 bed of 3 person and internet. According to the hotel, it is very close to Quincy bus station and not far away from China town as well as free trial etc.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the star rating of this property and the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I didn't order through hotwire actually. I search through hotwire and called the hotel directly to make the reservation. The reason is hotwire only book 1 room and does not guarantee the room has two beds. Since I am travelling with my parents and have to have two beds in one room, I called the hotel directly with hotwire quote. They are able to give me manager special with only $3 more per night. And I took it to close the order.

It is Best Western Adams Inn hotel, 2.5 star.

The good thing of booking through hotel directly is that I can cancle it anytime before June 17. So I may still continue find other deals, if I found one, I can cancel this. It can be my backup plan. So if you know better option, please let me know.

HOTWIRE currently has a 4* hotel in the Back Bay-Copley Square zone for $176/nite. Not sure if your budget is flexible or not, but i'd certainly call this 'better' given how far from downtown Quincy is... but also understand not wanting to spend $175/nite on a hotel room. Ultimately it's a trade-off between budget and convenience.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually not last stop on the T. Adams Inn is the first stop in Quincy from Boston. However, not in "Boston." Good price option if you don't need to get back and forth to your hotel room much except for beginning of day and end of day, however, not a good option if you would rather stay in the city and have easy access to your room.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]