getting around in ATL

sgaz
By sgaz,
in

Can anyone tell how easy/hard it is to get from Hartfield Airport (ATL) to Spelman College without a rental car?

I will be there just for an overnight stay to drop off my daughter for summer camp and I REALLY do not want to rent a car. I am not familiar with the area. Would public transit there be an efficient option... taxi? I appreciate any help from those of you familiar with the A T L .

I found this on a site called collegeprowler:

A cab ride to the airport costs about $35.

Airport Shuttles will come to the campus. The Atlanta Link has a booth in the airport and keeps Spelman, Clark Atlanta University, Morehouse, and Morris Brown on its list of service areas.

MARTA gets there in about 30 to 40 minutes.

The Atlanta Link 245 University Ave. Atlanta (404) 524-3400 (866) 545-9633

Read more: http://collegeprowler.com/spelman-college/.../#ixzz1OhTuiOyG

The college is just under 13 miles from the airport.

Maybe an ATL local might help more?

Romelle

Or directly from the Spellman College website:

Catching a Flight

Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport is the second busiest air transportation hub in the world. This world-class facility is serviced by all major domestic airlines and is a true international hub with direct service to destinations worldwide.

You have several options for traveling between Spelman and the airport. Airport Shuttle and taxi services both come to our campus, and a MARTA train travels directly from a hub near campus to a convenient hub in the airport.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]