CA San Diego La Quinta Inn Scripps Poway Miramar-Rancho Penasquitos

hot2trot
By hot2trot,
in

While this is formally called San Diego Scripps Poway, it is on Rancho Penasquitos Blvd and the I-15. The La Quinta Inn is located in a tucked away spot right next to the 15 freeway. I believe this is corporate owned which may be why it was so nice. Recently underwent a renovation, the property was very clean and comfortable. I choose to stay here because they will allow dogs and I was traveling with my two cocker spaniels. The property does have elevators. Room was clean and comfortable. It is obvious this property is older, but well taken care of. The staff here is amazing, I ran into two front desk agents that had been here over 10 years! They offer a free breakfast in the morning - while it is nothing to write home about, it is free food. Packaged muffins and plain bagels, apples and bananas, yogurt, coffee, tea, juice, instant hot oatmeal, cold cereal, I think they had some sausage biscuit things in the refrigerator you can microwave. If you want a real breakfast, there is an iHop right next to this.

East access to the freeway, some mini mart items close by, a few other restaurants as well. They have a small pool as well. Not all La Quinta's are as nice - which I found out the hard way, but this one is extremely good for the money. I think I paid around $59.00 a night last Septermber (2010) using a AAA discount. Although the location was farther away than I wanted, I found out it only took about 10 minutes to get to the UTC area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]