Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Long Beach (Airport) Best Western of Long Beach

Randi66
By Randi66,
in

Tried numerous times for a 3 or 3.5 in both airport and downtown and was unsucessful. Went as high as 55.00.

I dropped down to a 2.5, was a bit weary since I didnt see a 2.5 on the hotel list. This isnt the greatest area, but I'm not going to be hanging out in the room.

I did use the PRICELINE link.

Happy Travelling, Randi

Well, I wont be staying here because Priceline cancelled my reservation. I called the hotel in the early afternoon to request 2 double beds. I was told that I'd have to pay an extra 10 a night because Priceline told the hotel that I should have a King( wtf?) I said " If I'm travelling wtih my dad, I have to share a bed with him?). The hotel person told me that I cant have 2 doubles at the rate I paid. For some reason, I thought they didnt know the rate I paid. Anyway, I said " fine, just give me the king and I'll write up my review on Tripadvisor". The clerk told Priceline I'd threatened him and voila, my room was cancelled.

I could have rebid using my travel partners name, but I didnt want to stay there after that fiasco. I tried bidding on a 3 and a 3.5, going up to 75 and was unsuccesful. My aunt booked a really nice boutique hotel( 4 stars) for me, getting me her State rate of 110.00. This hotel is gorgeous and the area is a lot nicer than where the Best Western was.

End of my Rant.

Happy Travelling, Randi

Sorry this didn't work out well for you. However, note that this hotel does charge more ($8.50) for rooms with two beds vs. one bed... even for customers who book direct on the hotel website. So in this instance i understand the additional charge... whether an additional charge for a room with 2 beds vs. 1 bed is an entirely separate subject, but given their policy, i understand the additional charge.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]