Priceline Hotel: 4* Paris (St Germain-Latin Quarter-Montparnasse) Marriott Rive Gauche

traveljunkie
By traveljunkie,
in

I had two failed attempts this morning for bidding into Paris hotels. We had a last minute business/pleasure trip come up and now I am scrambling for rooms.

My first one was for the St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse area shooting for the Marriott that's been posted here.

My dates are July 21-24, 2 rooms - bid $105 REJECTED

Added Champs Elysees - Arc De Triomphe - $126 REJECTED.

I know how to do the adding of free rebids but am not comfortable since we are also bidding for another couple and am not really familiar with the Paris areas and I am a chicken!

I used your link and will continue trying and looking at many, many hotels in the coming days! Since it's late July, Air Conditioning, larger beds or twins and location are TOP priorities :)

Nice surprise to be able to take a trip to Paris!

Based upon current rates it's going to take somewhat more than you're currently bidding... are these the only two zones you're willing to accept? What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel thru conventional booking channels? What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you, Thereuare. YES! an unexpected (or expected) trip to Paris is a great thing!

May have to change my title. But after MUCH TOO MUCH time on the computer! We have a place to stay. I appreciate you giving suggestions! As always, used your PRICELINE link--thank you for your continued service!

Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center

July 21-24, 2011

Marriott published rates for our stay (prepay) 209E per night. $1567.6928 (US conversion for 3 nights, 2 rooms)

PRICELINE with taxes and fees $1066.14

Okay here's how it went,

bid $145 for St Germain-Latin REJECTED, PL offered $185

added Champs Elysees - Arc De Triomphe - $155 REJECTED

added Opera West - $161 - ACCEPTED (Latin quarter)

Don't know if the strategy was okay since I am so sick of looking at Paris hotels and just want to be done (trying to find the perfect location, price, AC, larger beds, good reviews....). Hubby is very happy since he likes Marriotts and the hope of having a king bed is in sight. I will have to email my request for that.

I wanted a more 'quaint' hotel in old Paris but I still have another night to book at the beginning of our trip. I also have to find a room in London for three nights. Maybe I'll find something more in that realm.....

Thanks again!

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps not the exact hotel type you were hoping for, it does appear to meet most/all of your top criteria and should hopefully work well for your plans.

Glad to see you're pleased with the results and looking forward to your stay (which i'll gladly remind you is almost right around the corner :) )

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]