Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Vancouver (Downtown Entertainment) Westin

Jonavin
By Jonavin,
in

I tried every I could on Priceline and got nothing for this time period. So I ended up getting a deal on HotWire. I used the code GIFTCARD06 and got an additional $60 off.

"HotWire Best Value."

amenities include: Suite, Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Kitchenette, Business Center

433 Robson Street & Homer

Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 6L9

Canada

(604) 602-1999

1 room(s) @ $103.00 per night x 8 night(s) $824.00

Hotel Taxes and fees: $149.95

Hotel Subtotal $973.95

Additional Savings $50.00

Total Price $923.95

Ob: I searched a few times and got prices between $103 and $108... that must part of the system variation I read about in another thread.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add the proper Description line ... 8/05 - 8/13 (8 nights)

I think you got a very good deal, Jonavin. The Westin Grand is one of my favourite hotels and the location is terrific.

I really like the one-bedroom suites, but the studios are the only ones with two beds, so it depends on your needs.

I posted some images on Real Hotel Photos of one of the deluxe 1-bdrm Grandview Suites with balcony, which was from a paid stay - doubt that this room would ever be available through PL or HW, though. It was pretty expensive! :) Still, it gives an idea of the decor and views.

You're going to be there for awhile, so you might want to ask at check-in what your room choices are and you might even find it worthwhile to pay a bit for an upgrade. See more at the hotel's Website.

The hotel has a great little outdoor pool and deck area, and the staff are usually great. Parking charges are about $20 Cdn, but that is not unusual for downtown Vancouver. Higher floors will definitely give you a better view. There is quite a bit of construction in that area of town, and you may have a preference for an eastern room as a result (I think there was a condo tower to be built on the western side of the hotel, but you will be able to see if this is happening when you are there.)

Thanks for the tips. I'll try to post a review after my trip.

FYI

In the "What's New" section of the website it says that the hotel now has wireless internet in all theguest rooms and public areas now. So the amenities list might include the Internet icon the next time we do a Hotwire search.

Will this GIFTCARD06 work for everyone on HOTWIRE? This is a grea deal if it does...thanks.

It doesn't hurt to try. That's what I was thinking when I saw the code posted in other threads.

It looks like you get $10 off per night to a maximum of 5 nights. This is my guess based on other posts and the amount of savings received. I could be wrong.

Scorp,

Where did you post the photos?

------------------

Jonavin,

Westin Grand is also one of my favorite hotels. They have little kitchenettes. The pool is pretty small.

You are on Robson St, but way down the other end (from the action) of the Robson street. It's definitely walkable though. You are however, very close to Canada Place and Yale Town.

Enjoy your stay.

-------------

The BB HOTWIRE link is showing Linkshare error again....

-st

Scorp,

Where did you post the photos?

Click on 'Real Hotel Photos' at the top of the page, under 'Our Exclusive (Free) Tools), then look for Canada, Vancouver, etc

Looks like the photo area is unavailable currently, but I am sure it will be back up soon.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]