Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Financial District-Embarcadero) Hyatt Regency

richnyc
By richnyc,
in

1st bid for 4* in Financial district/Embarcadero was $95 and not accepted. 2nd bid for $100 not accepted. 3rd bid for $120 accepted for Hyatt Regency Embarcadero.

I was sure $100 would be accepted at the Hyatt since folks were getting that already. I didn't want to risk going to $105 or $110 since it was my last try. Anyone know why?

Congrats on your success and Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Nice deal for this Hyatt property! Rates do vary from day-to-day, and unfortunately these days may have required a higher rate, or if the same dates, rates may have changed in the meantime.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

1st bid for 4* in Financial district/Embarcadero was $95 and not accepted. 2nd bid for $100 not accepted. 3rd bid for $120 accepted for Hyatt Regency Embarcadero.

I was sure $100 would be accepted at the Hyatt since folks were getting that already. I didn't want to risk going to $105 or $110 since it was my last try. Anyone know why?

Welcome to BetterBidding. As Aaron already stated, hotels determine their nightly Priceline rate based on available inventory, hence the theory of supply & demand.

Since you had 6 free rebid opportunities, you could have worked your way up from $100 and possibly "hit" a price point less than $120. If you're unfamiliar with how the free rebid system works, check out this link and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Welcome to BetterBidding. As Aaron already stated, hotels determine their nightly Priceline rate based on available inventory, hence the theory of supply & demand.

Since you had 6 free rebid opportunities, you could have worked your way up from $100 and possibly "hit" a price point less than $120. If you're unfamiliar with how the free rebid system works, check out this link and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Thank you BEAV. I did not know about the 24hr re-bid change and the 6 free rebid. I always thought it was 72hr & 3 free rebids but have read up on the new rules and now I'm aware. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]