Priceline Hotel: Atlanta (Stone Mountain)

rscima
By rscima,
in

So I checked the "hotels won" list on the PL page for Atlanta (Stone Mountain zone) and it shows the Evergreen Resort as 3 1/2*

I started the bidding at $85 and had like 12 free re-bid zones & ended up going all the way to $140 and was STILL rejected! (This is for 2 nights 6/13/11 & 6/14/11 for anyone who's interested). When I go back through winning bids, Evergreen is showing up as only 3* but the dates are pretty old so I'm thinking maybe PL considers it 3 1/2* now? I'm not sure. I'm afraid to bid 3* because I REALLY want the Evergreen.

Anyone want to chime in with some advice? Maybe the Evergreen just isn't participating with PL anymore & I'm out of luck. Their rooms are going for $199/nt on every other site I try!

The Evergreen Resort is currently rated 3.5* by PRICELINE.

Given the $199 rate you're finding elsewhere, how high are you willing to bid for a 3.5* hotel in this zone (realizing that it's possible that you receive some other 3.5* property)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I guess I'd be willing to go up to $150. If that gets rejected, then I might consider heading towards Savannah instead. We will be on the way home to Florida from Pittsburgh & just looking for a fun route to take...maybe even Myrtle Beach, heck we're all over the place! lol

The Evergreen just looks so beautiful and I think the kids would really enjoy the pool area.

Let us know how the next round of bidding goes or if we can be of further help.

Even if you need to change the destination, just continue this thread (since it's for the same dates) and we'll move the entire thread to the correct section of the board if different/necessary.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I went up to $160 and was still rejected so I finally gave up on the Evergreen.

I ended up booking a 2 room "suite" with a kitchenette at the Hampton Inn directly through their website for $99/night. I'm sure we would have enjoyed the Evergreen but I don't feel like it's worth DOUBLE the Hampton.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]