CA Orange County Holiday Inn Select La Mirada Buena Park

kneemeister
By kneemeister,
in

This Hotel was right at the Valley View road exit ramp North bound on I-5 I had a nice cean second floor Non smoking room, hotel was about three miles from Knott's and about a 10 min drive to Disney. Staff was friendly and courtious. Internet access was $9.95 a night. Room had big desk and comfy chairs. Only downside is that Hotel is in an Industral/Business park area with its limited services/ food choices.

• 2 years later...

Reply to previous review: There is a fine restaurant on site - The Red Robin (kids eat free), and the Elephant Bar-Restaurant and Lounge is next door. Also, the Northwoods Inn is nearby. The huge Anaheim Plaza shopping center is just a few miles south, with a Walmart, Ross, and dozens of other stores.

:) The Holiday Inn Select La Mirada is a terrific classy, clean hotel with great customer service! (my Tripadvisor review)

This hotel breaks the mold of the typical Holiday Inn hotel. I usually avoid them because of their generally lower quality, but I was very pleasantly surprised by this one. It is a high-class, modern hotel of 4 star quality. Check-in and -out were quick and gracious. Shortly after arriving to our room we were greeted by a courtesy phone call to check and make sure everything was OK (& I found out there is a $10 charge for a frig). The beautiful high-class room had a large desk with a large, terrific swivel chair. Linens were top notch and Aromatherapy mint soap was a nice touch. Nice comforters on beds, but too warm for us. AC was a bit noisy, but not too bothersome. If you need two beds make sure you check in advance for availability--when stock is low only Kings are available. Shuttle goes up to 10 miles, and includes Disney, but it did not work for us since a large Japanese tourist group had booked all 3 of their shuttles over a one hour period the next morning + the latest return shuttle was 9:30 PM, making it impossible for us to see the 9 PM Fantasmic show. Reserve the shuttle in advance! We had to drive about 15 min. and pay $10 for Disney parking. Minor complaints: the elevator carpeting was a bit worn & dirty, and the jacuzzi could be hotter (the outdoor pool temp though was fine in October).

• 1 year later...

We stayed here again September 27-30, 2006. Our hotel room was great, as was the front desk service. The pool area is a bit stark -- outdoors and bare concrete.

Scratch the recommendation for the Red Robin!!

Since we had 2 children with us we decided to take advantage of the kids eat free program at the Red Robin downstairs, and purchased the breakfast buffet for 2 adults on one morning, and then ordered off the menu the next morning. The food was terrible!!! Even the buffet's scrambled eggs had a strange taste to them, and I think it is really difficult to mess up scrambled eggs! The next morning I ordered a Mexican omelet with chicken, and I think the chicken was canned--it was very tough and chewy. Pitiful!! Please don't eat here, even if you think it's convenient before a trip to Disney or Knott's. The kids wound up just eating cereal. Try one of the restaurants I mentioned above (The Elephant Bar or Northwoods), or eat on Harbor by Disney at Mimis, Millies, or McDonalds (approach from the Katella or Disney Way exit, so you'll be headed north) ....

I believe there are some other fast food places near the hotel, but we didn't check on them.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]