Priceline Hotel: 4* Taipei (East) Holiday Inn

jdanielsg
By jdanielsg,
in

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure.. but as i roughly remember, the Westin will go from around 100$ (depending on season +/-), the Holiday Inn Asia World for less, while the Sheraton hasn't shown up for quite some time, if I remember correctly. Maybe the Sheraton was upgraded to 5star, but not sure at all.

From my trip there a few weeks ago, the Sheraton was still undergoing major renovations. Many of the rooms were closed off. I'd avoid that property until all work is complete. The Grand Hyatt is a much better property in a more contemporary part of town. I'm not sure if it ever comes up on PL, though.

I've just returned from Taipei spending 5 nights, 2 nights at the First hotel (3 Stars, on PL bid for $47) and 3 nights at the Ambassador Hotel (4 stars, $82 PL bid). The hotels are five minutes away from one another.

The First hotel is very OLD but located in a busy area. MRT is approx. 10 mins away, taxi are easily available and affordable in Taipei. There is a bus stop in front of the hotel

The Ambassador Hotel is in a upper-end area with LV and Gucci a few blocks away on the same street. There are some nice shops/restaurants around but it's not as bustling as the First Hotel area. It's a 5 minute walk to the MRT.

Hope this helps.

I've just returned from Taipei spending 5 nights, 2 nights at the First hotel (3 Stars, on PL bid for $47) and 3 nights at the Ambassador Hotel (4 stars, $82 PL bid). The hotels are five minutes away from one another.

The First hotel is very OLD but located in a busy area. MRT is approx. 10 mins away, taxi are easily available and affordable in Taipei. There is a bus stop in front of the hotel

The Ambassador Hotel is in a upper-end area with LV and Gucci a few blocks away on the same street. There are some nice shops/restaurants around but it's not as bustling as the First Hotel area. It's a 5 minute walk to the MRT.

Hope this helps.

is ambassador east or west taipei and any tips on how you bid?

1 SGD = 1.7 USD

14th to 18th July '05

$120 SGD p/nite works out to be about 70USD. So thats 12 bucks less than the other guy form Ambassador, I would have preferred Ambassador but I was told East Taipei was better for some reason, anyways dunt know what this hotel is like but its a HUGE one, which sometimes isnt a good thing. Any comments?

• 1 month later...

Ok came back from a stay at this hotel, room size was ok, but I must say the room is very old and dated. Not well maintained. I find it hard to compare since I have not stayed at 4 stars in Taiwan before but compared with 4 star hotels i stayed at recently such as W NEw York or Hyatt Embacadero in SF and Hyatt in Irvine etc this property falls far behind any of those. Since property in Taipei is limited I would suggest bidding West taipei to avoid crowne and holiday Inn.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]