Priceline Hotel: 4* Orange County (Disneyland-Garden Grove) Hyatt Regency Orange County

henry2002
By henry2002,
in

I got Hyatt Orange County $85/night for 3 nights on July this year. Because we have 2 adults (mid size) and 2 kids (8 and 12 years old) , I called hotel and asked 2 Queen beds. They told me that Priceline booked for me is 1 King and they cannot make any change. Do anyone know if King will fit all of us?

Thank you. :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please indicate which zone within Orange County this property is located in and the actual dates of your stay (so this thread can appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins)... we'll edit your topic title accordingly and reply to your questions above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the follow-up.

I'd call the hotel again and let them know what you'd like to put in a request for a room with two beds (don't request queens... just two beds). If you're again told that they can't change it, ask if there is a pullout sofabed in the room or what the options are regarding a rollaway brought into the room. Then ask if you can upgrade to a room with two beds for an additional fee.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Ditto Thereuare's post: "I'd call the hotel again and let them know what you'd like to put in a request for a room with two beds (don't request queens... just two beds). If you're again told that they can't change it, ask if there is a pullout sofabed in the room or what the options are regarding a rollaway brought into the room. Then ask if you can upgrade to a room with two beds for an additional fee."

I have stayed at this Hyatt Regency many times. Since you may not be tracking replies at this late date, perhaps thereuare could PM you with my post. The front desk there is always very accomodating, even when you have a priceline res. I would not openly state, however, that you have 4 people (have the rest of your family wait in the car out front...they have a huge lobby, and won't notice later when you have more people, especially if you split up in twos!). As I recall, they are up against some fire regs that limit the number of people to certain rooms. They have two towers, and the room setups are quite different. In the south tower there are many Kings and double bed rooms, but their square footage can be rather small (hence, the fire regs). In the north tower they have many nice kids suites (87/240 rooms), 375 sq ft, which have a separate bunk room for the kids. They used to charge an upgrade fee of $40 to get those rooms, but sometimes they'll upgrade you for free. But with Priceline you can't be sure of availability of anything but a King. A King would probably suit 3 of you, but I'd bring an extra inflatable or foam pad and some bedding for the extra child, just in case you're stuck with a King. Mid-July is a very busy time! To get a better idea of availability I'd check the Hyatt special value dates for groups to see if that week is included or not. If it is not, they may have only limited rooms available. They often have large special event groups on the weekends, too (like weddings, etc.) www.hyatt.com/hyatt/meetings/extra-value-dates/index.jsp

***I would definitely join the free Hyatt Gold Passport member program through their special 800 number - 228-3360 (7-10 cst m-f + limited weekend hours). With this, they used to allow early check-in ON THE PHONE in the AM of your check-in date. At that time they will accomodate your special request for two beds, if they have that room type available. This early check-in once saved us from being booted from a Hyatt hotel (through overbooking) one afternoon in Chicago! The other people in line who were being refused rooms resented the fact that we got one!

This hotel is lovely, with two separate pools. If one is too busy, go to the other one. I preferred the ground floor tropical one, but you'll have to walk across the large lobby with your bathing suits on, sometimes through a wedding party, etc., so definitely bring cover-ups and sandals!

The Hyatt is my favorite Disney hotel. Their free private shuttle is great and punctual, every half hour (shared with the Crowne Plaza, still?)-- it is not the red public Anaheim ART trolley that most hotels use, that may run late and be overcrowded... For parking I used to always park for free at the Marriott Anaheim Suites next door --12015 Harbor (I'd park in front of the hotel, not in the back, which seemed less safe), and never had any problem, but that is a risk you may not choose to take. Check with their front desk, and make sure their parking is still free + I ask them, "If I'm having guests over, do they need to get a parking permit?", and they have said no in the past -- it is not controlled. The Marriott has a great breakfast buffet. Coco's and Outback Steakhouse are nearby, and good, too. Target is across the street, and very handy.

I just checked Tripadvisor, and an employee responded to many comments: Nicole Gravelle, Marketing Manager (714) 750

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]