Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Portland (Airport PDX) Comfort Inn and Suites

travisl
By travisl,
in

Based on recent successes at $32 for 3* airport area hotels, I followed this site's PRICELINE link yesterday and tried $31 for the airport zone 3*, which was rejected.

I added Convention Center and raised my bid to $32. Rejected.

I added Downtown and raised my bid to $33. Rejected.

Last night, I received an e-mail from Priceline with a $5/per night discount coupon, any star level.

This afternoon, I followed this site's PRICELINE link and attempted $31+$5 for the airport zone 3*. Rejected

I added Convention Center and raised my bid to $32 + $5. Rejected.

I added Downtown and raised my bid to $33 + $5. Rejected.

I added Jantzen Beach and kept my bid at $33 + $5. Rejected.

I added Gresham and kept my bid at $33 + $5. Rejected.

About an hour later, I checked my e-mail and got the standard "priceline.com Tips for Successful Bidding to Portland" e-mail. "Meh," I figure, "why not drop it half a star and see what happens." My first attempt: $30 + $5 in the airport zone ... SUCCESS! The Comfort Inn and Suites gets some decent reviews on TripAdvisor, and they provide free breakfast and wi-fi. With taxes and fees, I think $77 for two nights is a great deal.

• 4 weeks later...
Do you know which Comfort Inn and Suites that is? I am interested in the one on NW Phoenix-Columbia Gorge, or the Holiday Inn Express.

If you're referring to the Comfort Inn at 477 NW Phoenix Dr., that is not in the PDX zone, that property is located in the Gresham-Troutdale zone. The OP can confirm, but I believe the one above is the Comfort Inn and Suites Portland Airport at 5019 Northeast 102nd Ave (there is another Comfort Suites in this zone at 12010 NE Airport Way... but that one is currently rated 2* by PRICELINE)

If you'd like help with your own upcoming stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you're referring to the Comfort Inn at 477 NW Phoenix Dr., that is not in the PDX zone, that property is located in the Gresham-Troutdale zone. The OP can confirm, but I believe the one above is the Comfort Inn and Suites Portland Airport at 5019 Northeast 102nd Ave (there is another Comfort Suites in this zone at 12010 NE Airport Way... but that one is currently rated 2* by PRICELINE)

If you'd like help with your own upcoming stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thank you. Will do.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]