Hotwire Hotel: 4* Savannah (Hilton Head Island) Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island

Kevin1234
By Kevin1234,
in

Hi - anyone know what property this is?

Hilton Head area 4-star

5/22 - 5/26 $131 per night - recommended in 90% of Hotwire reviews

Resort

Free Internet

Beachfront Property

Oceanfront Property

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Children's Activity Program

I'm hoping for the Omni or Crowne Plaza, any idea's?

(P.S. - I used Better Bidding's link to HOTWIRE to find the hotel)

Thanks!

Kevin

I've separated the posts for your previous stay and that thread is located HERE... please follow-up that topic with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at the offer above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I haven't booked yet and I've got a noob question that hopefully someone can answer. I've been playing with different dates and trying to search with and without adding a child, etc. and coming up with differnt results. I assume that they only need to know about children in order to have a room with 2 beds - is that correct? Just want to make sure it doesn't matter if I book a room saying 0 children and show up with a child. I don't care if we end up with only a king bed.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Just want to make sure it doesn't matter if I book a room saying 0 children and show up with a child. I don't care if we end up with only a king bed.

It depends upon the hotel received...

Some hotels may have rooms which are only designed (per fire code) to accommodate double occupancy. Some hotels allow children to stay for free in the room, others charge for any third guest regardless of age, so the hotel could be looking for an additional fee if they know/learn of the extra person in the room. Also, bed type is not guaranteed, only that the room will accommodate the number of guests searched... you could certainly receive a room with a bed small than King sized. Not sure of the age of your child, but usually it's easier to "get away with it" if your kid is very young... it's harder for a hotel to justify an additional fee if your kid is 3 years old vs. if 'junior' is 16 years old. As well, should you receive a room with only one bed, it's usually easy to find a place for a 3 year old to sleep (two chairs but together or a small sofa in the room usually works) whereas that won't cut it for the average 16 year old.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too! (please click each of the links above before replying)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Done. Do you have any idea's about getting the Omni any cheaper? PRICELINE shows $264, HOTWIRE

Also, any guess on what hotel the following could be? 5/22-5/26, 1 room, 2 adults, 0 kids

Resort

Near Beach

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Children's Activity Program

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

• 4 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision for this trip.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the room rate per nite so we can add this information to the topic title and enable this win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. (you can still view the room rate per nite by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link near the top right corner of their home page)

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]