Hotwire Hotel: Need NYC 4* Help

palmer2272
By palmer2272,
in

Priceline doesn't give you any info besides # of stars and location until you have already purchased the hotel. That's why it can be such a risk even if you do a lot of research. That's also why message boards such as this one are soooooo helpful in determining where to bid, how much to bid, and what the possible outcomes will be.

Scott

Please help me through bidding on NYC. Prefer Times square. The Westin is my target, but any non-boutique will do. $170 is my prefered ceiling on price. Tips please. I'm a green newbie and don't know whether to use Priceline or Hotwire. Priceline is confusing me since it asks for a bid before I get a description of the hotel that gives clues. It seems the Westin is one of a few that says "SPA" in the amenities. Is that true? Thanks

Have you looked at the hotel list as what you are seeing looks like the Parker Meridien and not the Westin IMO?

Customer favourite is Le Parker Meridien and it also has High speed Internet unlike the Westin. Open two screens and compare them. Looks like you will be able to spot it if it does come up but problem is that only the lowest priced one does come up per star level and location so it may not come up for your dates.

If you are fussy about what hotel you get, perhaps Priceline is not for you but first I would say to you to look at the priceline list by area and see if you like ALL the hotels at a star level in any area and if so it is worth a bid, otherwise you can try to identify hotwire's offers and if you are happy then go ahead. There is always a risk that a new hotel comes through so the decision is down to the individuals view of risk.

Also may be worth making a reservation now that you can cancel just in case things don't work out for you with Priceline and hotwire.

I agree, the above HOTWIRE hotel looks more like the Parker Le Meridien than it does the Westin.

There seems to be a bit of confusion about how each service works, so i would recommend that you give this thread a read for starters: I'VE NEVER USED PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

After reading the above, let us know what it is you're looking for from this stay and your budget and we'll try to help further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]