Priceline Hotel: 3* Wilmington (Claymont) Holiday Inn Select

Memphis_Guy
By Memphis_Guy,
in

Been trying for 3 days to score a 3* room near the Philadelphia Airport for 6/18, with bids from $38 to $52. Finally decided to try Wilmingont (Claymont) area since it's closer to the Philly airport than some of the freebid areas I was adding. With this win, I'm only 20 minutes from the airport.

I opened with a bid for 3* in Claymont for $45. Priceline countered with $60 (I never did receive any counter-offers when I was bidding in Philly). I saw that no one on this board had reported any 2.5* hotels for Claymont, so I lowered my star-level to 2.5 and rebid at $50. (See my report here.)

WIN.

Used the link for PRICELINE.

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $50.00

Taxes & Fees: $12.49

Total Charges*: $62.49

Holiday Inn Select Wilmington Brandywine 3 Star

Claymont

630 Naamans Road

Claymont, Delaware 19703

302-792-2700

Check-In Date: Sat, Jun 18, 2011 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Sun, Jun 19, 2011 / 12:00 PM

Amenities: Remote control TV w/ premium channels Radio Alarm Clock Business services Telephone w/ voicemail Iron and ironing board Hairdryer 24 hour front desk On-site Dining

For several days I've been trying to get a room near the Philly Airport.

I started at 3* for $38 and increased my bid $1 per try, adding various freebid areas and even lowering my star level to 2.5, until I had bid myself all the way up to $52, without even a counter-offer. The freebid areas I used were (University), (Gloucester - Runnemede - Deptford, NJ), (Downtown), and (City Line).

I finally have given up on the Philly area and bid on a room in Wilmington (Claymont) Delaware, just across the state line.

I don't know what's going on in Philly that weekend, but my room in Claymont is only 20 min from the airport, so I'm happy. Just thought the Pennsylvania board would want to know how high I bid up to without a win near PHL.

Used the link for PRICELINE.

Memphis_Guy,

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were able to get a little 'creative' with the zones you were able to accept and found a hotel which would work for both your needs and budget. It's great when your plans are a bit flexible and you're able to go to where the deal is rather then be stuck on one particular zone!

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip!

radray101,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you'd like help with your own stay feel free to start a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just so you know, many of the areas you've indicated (University, Downtown and City Line) are not free re-bid zones for 3*. You could have very easily ended up in a 3* room in any of those places (unless that is what you were going for).

Maybe. But I was very careful in scouring this board for information. I considered these areas freebid areas because no one on this board has ever reported winning a 3* hotel in these areas for less than $60, if I remember correctly. Since I had no intention of going that high, I figured I was safe.

Sorry, for organizational purposes we keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. One of the most common examples of this is users initially looking to stay in NYC but ultimately stay in Jersey City (NJ), these threads ultimately reside in the NJ section of the board, even though they begin with questions above NY.

Over the years we have found this format works best and helps keep things better organized.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]