Priceline Hotel: Bidding Strategy needed 1 week stay

iceboi
By iceboi,
in

I'm needing help on how i should start bidding and which area to go about first. I've narrowed it down to these areas to stay at: Civic North, USE,USW, SOMA

My budget per a night is $150 is it possible to get a 4 stars with this? I'm willing to go down to 3.5* and thats it.

Any help would be greatly appreciate it

Thanks

I'm needing help on how i should start bidding and which area to go about first. I've narrowed it down to these areas to stay at: Civic North, USE,USW, SOMA

My budget per a night is $150 is it possible to get a 4 stars with this? I'm willing to go down to 3.5* and thats it.

Any help would be greatly appreciate it

Thanks

As info, the Japantown-Civic Center North zone does not offer 3.5 or 4 star bidding. 3 stars is the highest grade you can go in this zone, so please clarify whether or not this zone is acceptable to you.

To get some sort of ballpark price necessary for success on your travel dates, I did a Priceline vacation package search (air+hotel). The least expensive 4-star property in the zones you've indicated was for the Westin San Francisco Market Street (SOMA zone). I entered 1 person traveling in my search with an air ticket from LA to SF. The complete package price for air and 7 nights hotel was $1617. When you back out the $159 air portion it takes the price down to $1458, including taxes/fees. This boils down to a per-night hotel price of $208, including taxes/fees. This would translate to an approximate bid price of $175-$185 when you back out SF's 14% hotel tax and Priceline fees. These are ballpark figures, but may help to establish some sort of range necessary vs taking stabs in the dark.

As info, none of the zones you indicated offered packages at the 3.5 grade that were a lower price than the 4 star listed above. The only exception to this was the 3.5 star Club Quarters in the Embarcadero zone which you didn't list in your acceptable areas to bid. Using the same calculations above, the Club Quarters price target would be roughly $160-$170.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]