Priceline Allowed to Change?!

ScottF12345
By ScottF12345,
in

Recently I purchased a 3* hotel through priceline. Today I went into my account to print out my information as I noticed I had forgotten to do this earlier. It shows my 3* bid, my price, and the link to all the details. When I click to get the details, the hotel name has changed, but more importantly the star rating has dropped to 2.5*. I purchased what I thought was a 3*, paid for it in advance, and come to find out it's now a 2.5*. Can Priceline do this? Is there anything I can do?

Any Ideas?

Scott

PRICELINE SAN DIEGO

Theres the link. I reread it as well as the following posts and looks like my post was definately confusing at best. lol

'Since I went up to 80.00 anyways on priceline for EVERYTHING and got rejected, I decided to go with Hotwire.

I couldn't get the 79.00 price no matter how many times I tried. Got it at 80.00'

Couldn't get the 79.00 price no matter what on hotwire and ended up getting the 80.00 price on priceline in the one location that I didnt include (mira mesa)

Scott

As per your post via the link above, the hotel has changed hands and is now a Country Inn and Suites. Likely due to the change in ownership, there has been a change in star rating (justifiably so).

You can (and should) contact Priceline, let them know that you see the hotel has been downgraded as per your winning bid confirmation screen, and that you would like a refund (assuming that is what you want) or you can ask for some sort of partial refund or other compensation (just be reasonable).

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Talked with priceline on the phone. They apologized and offered me a full refund. Unfortuantely those dates are booked for hotels and it would now be cutting it close to find another hotel of 3* caliber at a reasonable price. I asked if there was anything else they could do (partial refund, a different hotel, etc), and they said no. I told them I felt like I overpaid for a 2.5* then and they said that I did and they would refund my money. I'm now going to look for another hotel, if I find one I can cancel this one, otherwise I'll keep this one.

What a pain.

Scott

• 4 weeks later...
Talked with priceline on the phone. They apologized and offered me a full refund. Unfortuantely those dates are booked for hotels and it would now be cutting it close to find another hotel of 3* caliber at a reasonable price. I asked if there was anything else they could do (partial refund, a different hotel, etc), and they said no. I told them I felt like I overpaid for a 2.5* then and they said that I did and they would refund my money. I'm now going to look for another hotel, if I find one I can cancel this one, otherwise I'll keep this one.

What a pain.

Scott

What was the outcome?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]