Priceline Hotel: 4* London 5/26 - 5/30

CountryMom27
By CountryMom27,
in

I have a backup reservation but am looking for something better and more affordable (IBIS Euston for $250/night). Four nights, 2 adults (double bed a must - first vacation away from kids and hubby's surprise 50th birthday gift). I didn't do name your own price - I did try a few bids around 70 BPS but they came back empty.

The entry page shows recent bids for Bloomsbury at $151/night for a 4-star. Details state:

24 Hour Front Desk

Bellman

Concierge

Breakfast Room

Bar/Lounge

Remote Control Television

Direct Dial Telephone

High Quality Bath Amenities

Private Bath

Hair Dryer

In-room Refreshment Center

I notice no internet access which is a must for us. What's the best way for me to do this - I'd like to get into a major chain and don't want to get a dive just because it's in the neighborhood. I read the FAQs but am nervous about leaving a hotel res that is so important up for grabs

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

I have a backup reservation but am looking for something better and more affordable (IBIS Euston for $250/night).
I agree with you, this is no good deal. The location is fine but the price is way to high for this hotel.
The entry page shows recent bids for Bloomsbury at $151/night for a 4-star. Details state:
The recent bids shown from PRICELINE is not date specific. So the information shown by PRICELINE don't indicate bids for your specific dates.

I do understand your concern about the importance of a hotel. But you can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE. You have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) you select.

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

Let us know how you want to play this and we'll take a look at it.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

You definitely cannot control whether you get a double bed or not. Almost every time in London, I've been given 2 twin beds by default (which is what I wanted, but not what you want).

It's quite possible you could ask to switch, or pay for an upgrade, but it's not a 100% chance.

That being said, if you decide to keep the Ibis, double-check that your bed will be what you expect. It's quite possible you'd get two twins next to each other even if you booked a double bed.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]