Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help: Boston Metro - South (Randolph - Braintree - Quincy)

zimbabman
By zimbabman,
in

Looking to place a bid on 4 rooms in either the 3.5* or 2* hotels in this region for 8/12-8/14. Would appreciate any suggestions as to what kind of prices you think they'd go for. I have done a search for these but the results were all in 2009 or earlier. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated :)

3.5* Marriott Quincy

3.5* Sheraton Braintree

2* Candlewood Suites

2* Extended StayAmerica

THANKS!

As PRICELINE offers 3* and 2.5* hotels in this area too, are these not of interest to you?

Please click this PRICELINE link and then reply to this thread, we'll then research your stay above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
... before replying.

Ok. Done that.Any suggestions?? 2 star moderate would be preference. On the normal priceline search 2 star is holiday inn express ($125/night), Best Western ($159/night), Hampton Inn ($118/night) and Extended Stay ($116/night). Comfortin Inn is 2.5* and $109/night.

What would you suggest for starting bids?? Any suggestions? Anyone won a hotel in this region recently?

for a stay on 4/29/11 a bid of $65 via priceline got me a room at the Extended Stay in Braintree.

for a stay on 11/5/10 a bid of $50 via priceline got me a room at Holiday Inn Express Braintree.

I would definitely be happy staying at the Holiday Inn Express again. I wasn't as impressed with the Extended Stay (I think it was okay, I just didn't realize that it is really bare bones - no shampoo. blowdryer, free wifi, etc. in the rooms)

Good luck!!!

What would you suggest for starting bids?? Any suggestions? Anyone won a hotel in this region recently?
What is your maximum bid for this stay? Also, i would check with the others in your group to make sure that an Extended Stay type property si fine with them... they serve their purpose, but they do differ somewhat from Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, etc. and you want to make sure that they're fine with this time of no-frills property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

for a stay on 4/29/11 a bid of $65 via priceline got me a room at the Extended Stay in Braintree.

for a stay on 11/5/10 a bid of $50 via priceline got me a room at Holiday Inn Express Braintree.

It would be appreciated if you began to share more of your wins with the board. As you can see, the information can help other users :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just tried to do Priceline for 2* in Braintree area for 7/15 - 7/16, one night stay - bid was $50 and was declined.

I've done 50, 52, 57 and been rejected everytime.

I got an email saying a $75 was recently accepted in that area. Going to try a $73. Will let you know how it goes...

Looking to place a bid on 4 rooms in either the 3.5* or 2* hotels in this region for 8/12-8/14.
Just tried to do Priceline for 2* in Braintree area for 7/15 - 7/16...

Your dates have changed from your first post to your last post... is this the same stay or two different trips you'll be making? If the same trip (and dates have changed) please indicate so in your thread to avoid confusion... if two separate trips (ie- you'll be traveling on both sets of dates) please use separate threads for each stay.

Keep in mind that the bid alerts are for dates different then your own and therefore may or may not be very relevant to your own stay.

Please remember to use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how the next round of bidding goes or if we can be of further help.

Two different people..... Zimbabman is still bidding 8/12-8/14. Gouldmanj is bidding for another date. Zimbabman (aka me) started this thread. Zimbabman is typing right now...
Thanks... i thought i had checked user names but i hadn't had much sleep that nite (at least that's my excuse :) )

zimbabman,

What is your maximum bid for this stay?
(for a 2* in Boston Metro - South (Randolph - Braintree - Quincy)... you prefer a less expensive 2* vs. a more expensive 2.5*, correct?)

gouldmanj,

Please post your wins and/or rejected bids for your own stay in a NEW TOPIC. Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]