Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Quincy Market-Faneuil Hall-Financial) Omni Parker House

duke2003
By duke2003,
in

Hello, I am new to this forum and really enjoyed reading some of the posts thus far. I am also completely new to Priceline. I am trying to get a 4* hotel in the Quincy Market/Fin District area in Boston from 5/31-6/3. I have been bidding around $85-90. I see others who have gotten deals for that price in that area, but havent had much luck thus far. Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps I am still a little early in the bidding process? Any suggestions on how high I should go before moving to maybe the Theater area? I really prefer 4* or better!

JUst trying to see the city, walking as much as possible. Thanks for your help!

clicked the link, and will always use that for future priceline bidding - no such luck today. im bidding around $90 now since my trip is still a few months out. Looking forward to hearing some strategies. ive tried adding different regions that don't have 4* hotels to increase bidding chances per day. thanks for your help!

I think it's going to take more than $90 for this time of year... is this your maximum bid at this point in time? What is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This thread relates a bit to the discussion:

Priceline Boston

I too am looking at that weekend, for the same 1918 re-cap madness.

I've been bidding for 5/19-5/21, going as low as a 3* and as high as $111 for the last week including all of these zones:

Boston Harbor Front - Aquarium

Boston Waterfront - Convention Center

Copley Square - Theatre District

Fenway Park

Quincy Market - Faneuil Hall - Financial

I'd still like to stay under $111, so I began trying to get a Logan 4* (I want to make sure I get a property either on site or with a free shuttle, and it looked like some of the 3 or 3.5 don't offer a shuttle), without any luck.

I've got a Hilton Back up, but it looks like i'll probably burn some UAL points on this trip - paying $250+ for 2 nights in Boston is just too much.

Good luck bidding, and go Cubs!

clicked the link, and will always use that for future priceline bidding - no such luck today. im bidding around $90 now since my trip is still a few months out. Looking forward to hearing some strategies. ive tried adding different regions that don't have 4* hotels to increase bidding chances per day. thanks for your help!

No, this isn't my maximum bid - I am willing to pay $150-$180/night for a hotel that is 3.5 or 4*. Any suggestions on when to start upping the bid? How close to my dates of travel (5/31-6/3) do you suggest I wait to begin upping the bid? Is it safer to wait until closer to travel date just to ensure getting a lower rate - DOES that guarentee getting a lower rate? Thanks for everyones help!

There is no definitive answer for the 'bid early or late' question, but to read more on this topic see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Do you have a back-up reservation anywhere? If not, what is the best fully refundable rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel for these dates?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I wanted to check and see if anyone else has heard of issues with booking at the Omni Parker House via PRICELINE. I went online and read some troubling reviews from other Priceline customers who were told that they would get ONE double bed as a PRICELINE customer at the Omni and if they wanted to upgrade, the fee would be $50/night. I spoke with an Omni representative today who confirmed that with me. So, there is no way even if they had 20 extra king rooms available that they would give me a king bed. That seems absolutely ridiculous!

Aren't we guarenteed at least two double beds as a PRICELINE customer? And, why would Priceline support a hotel that clearly discriminates against Priceline guests? This is concerning to me.

I am glad my bid was accepted and quite low at nearly 40% off traditional rates, but does anyone else think is crazy - especially for a 4* hotel?

PRICELINE only guarantees 1 bed (the size is not guaranteed)/double occupancy. Bedding can be requested with the hotel, but the hotel can say no or charge more. Two beds often go for a premium in some major cities (especially NYC and a few others) and I'm guessing that is the case with an older property like this where rooms overall are likely smaller.

I've stayed at the Omni after a Hotwire win - they mention an upgrade fee at check in, but if you're nice but pushy enough they'll waive it. I had two nights booked, and they had a king room available for one night but not the other. The first night there was no fee. The room the second night was so tiny overall, as was the bed. Good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]