Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Downtown Bellevue) Coast Bellevue

integlspwr
By integlspwr,
in

HI Everyone,

I have used price line before in Honolulu, HI so I kinda know how the re-bidding thing works, but I have no idea what rebid zones I can use..

My dates are:

Check In May 19

Check out May 24

I will have a car and can drive around but Would like to stay in a 4* but a very high 3.5* would work also.

My preference of zones are as follows.

A. Bellevue

B. Kirkland

C. Seattle Downtown

D. Lake Union

I took a stab at it and this is what I came up with..

Started with:

$50 Bellevue

$52 added Bothell

$54 added Kirkland

$56 added Seattle Center - Space Needle

$58 added Univ of Washington - Northgate

$60 added Lake Union

$62 added Seattle Airport (SEA)

$64 added Lynnwood - Edmonds

$66 added Seattle Downtown - Pike Place

$68 added North Everett

$70 added Redmond - Kirkland

$71 Added Mukilteo - South Everett

$72 added Renton no Winning BID..

If you guys can help me out with a bidding strategy for 4* and a 3.5 star that would be awesome.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Edgar-

I am sure others with more knowledge will help you out, but I have to say that you started bidding very low since you wanted a 4*. Most of the four star wins are $70 and up from what I have noticed. Have you checked out the Priceline Washington State listings to see what has been recently won? It is located here:

Priceline Hotel Wins

The last few reported wins for 4* wins have been in the $80 range. Also consider that parking is expensive in downtown Seattle. My son won a 4* back in the summer of 2009 for $100. He was shocked when parking was $40 a night at the hotel.

What is your maximum bid for this stay? How high are you willing to bid for a 4* before lowering your star rating to 3.5*? Are all the zones equally acceptable or are you willing to pay more to stay in one zone (such as Downtown) vs. any of the others?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Also consider that parking is expensive in downtown Seattle. My son won a 4* back in the summer of 2009 for $100. He was shocked when parking was $40 a night at the hotel.
That much for parking? Maybe I'll stay away from the downtown Seattle area then.
What is your maximum bid for this stay? How high are you willing to bid for a 4* before lowering your star rating to 3.5*? Are all the zones equally acceptable or are you willing to pay more to stay in one zone (such as Downtown) vs. any of the others?
The max i want to spend a night would be $80 before i drop down to a 3.5*.

I think i might have to remove Seattle Downtown as a place to stay because of cost of parking..

Any bidding stragedy for a 3.5 star in the Bellevue, Kirkland, Lake Union area? I will drop down to a 3* but that has to be really really cheap.

Thanks again everyone. you guys are much nicer here..

I currently have a backup hotel booked for my August trip. I will bid on Priceline as I get closer. However, I have to take into account that a downtown win will likely have a high parking fee, no free continental breakfast, and no free internet. When I bid, I will have to make sure that the cost of my priceline win plus the extras I will be paying are equal or less to what my booked hotel will be. It is all a big game. My son was so excited with his 4* win for downtown Seattle in August of 2009 and then not so thrilled when the parking was $40 a night. There are some lots available that would be less (i have read the mid to high $20s), but the downtown hotel parking seems to be in the mid $30s to low $40s range. Just look on a few of the sites of the winning hotels and you will see what they charge. Good luck with finding a hotel that works for you.

As vb mom points out, there is usually cheaper parking available outside of the hotel at privately own lots, but i would still assume mid-$20's per day.

If parking is a deterent you may also want to research first and re-consider Bellevue as most of the hotels there charge for parking as well... some on the fringe of the zone will charge less then those which are directly in the city center, but i would expect a charge for parking in this area as well.

However, also keep in mind that you'll need to find (and likely pay for) parking each time you drive into the city, unless you're able to access a bus near your hotel.

What are your plans for this trip... will you be heading to the city frequently or more touring the 'city suburbs'?

Let us know with which zones you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As downtown hotels are nice those are a big deterrent on adding the price per day to my hotel room. Thanks again for the input.

I don't mind paying for parking, im used to that in Hawaii, but $40 a day for parking that's pretty craze if you ask me. I'll be visiting a friend and mostly going out to shopping malls etc, so I'll be more in the city suburbs vs in DT Seattle.

I think the zones I would still like would be the same, Bellevue, Kirkland, Lake Union. Starting from 4* going down to a very high 3*.

Thanks again everyone!

Currently Bellevue offers 4* hotels, Kirkland only goes up to 2.5* and Lake Union up to 3*... so if you want to first try for 4* hotel that restricts your bidding to Bellevue. (the 'Redmond-Kirkland' zone has 4* hotels, if you're interested in this zone you can simply add it to your bidding below)

At the 4* level you have NINE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Bellevue...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Here is my bidding results for 5-4-2011.

3.5*

pick Univ of Washington - Northgate $ 40

Bellevue $ 42

Redmond - Kirkland $ 44

no winning bid.

4*

Picked Bellevue *Bid $60

Bothell $62

Kirkland $64

Lake Union $66

Lynnwood - Edmonds $68

Mukilteo - South Everett $70

North Everett $71

Renton - Kent $72

Seattle Airport (SEA) $73

Univ of Washington - Northgate $74

no winning bid.

I might have to drop to a 3.5* or a 3* because 4* after fees is really pricey!

Anyone have bidding strategies for a 3* ?

Thanks!

damn none of these bids were accepted..

what am i doing wrong?

4*

Picked Bellevue *Bid $60

Bothell $62

Kirkland $64

Lake Union $66

Lynnwood - Edmonds $68

Mukilteo - South Everett $70

North Everett $71

Renton - Kent $72

Seattle Airport (SEA) $73

Univ of Washington - Northgate $74

no winning bid.

3.5*

Bellevue $ 42

Redmond - Kirkland $ 44

Bothell $45

Kirkland $46

Lake Union $47

Lynnwood - Edmonds $48

Mukilteo - South Everett $49

North Everett $50

Renton - Kent $52

Seattle Airport (SEA) $54

no winning bid.

Thu., May 19 - Sun., May 22 (3nights)

4*

Picked Bellevue *Bid $50

Bothell $ 52

Kirkland $ 54

Lake Union $ 56

Lynnwood - Edmonds $ 58

Mukilteo - South Everett $ 60

North Everett $ 62

Renton - Kent $ 64

Seattle Airport (SEA) $ 66

Univ of Washington - Northgate $ 68

Thu., May 19 - Sun., May 22 (3nights)

3.5*

Bellevue $ 42

Redmond - Kirkland $ 44

Bothell $45

Kirkland $46

Lake Union $47

Lynnwood - Edmonds $48

North Everett $50

Renton - Kent $51

Seattle Airport (SEA) $52

2/3

Thu., May 19 - Sat., May 21 (2nights)

4*

Picked Bellevue *Bid $50

Bothell $ 51

Kirkland $ 52

Lake Union $ 53

Lynnwood - Edmonds $ 54

Mukilteo - South Everett $ 55

North Everett $ 56

Renton - Kent $ 57

Seattle Airport (SEA) $ 58

Univ of Washington - Northgate $ 60

Sun., May 22 - Tue., May 24 (2nights)

4*

Picked Bellevue *Bid $50

Bothell $ 52

Kirkland $ 54

Lake Union $ 56

Lynnwood - Edmonds $ 58

Mukilteo - South Everett $ 60

North Everett $ 62

Renton - Kent $ 64

Seattle Airport (SEA) $ 66

Univ of Washington - Northgate $ 68

Sun., May 22 - Tue., May 24 (2nights)

3.5*

Bellevue $ 42

Redmond - Kirkland $ 44

Bothell $45

Kirkland $46

Lake Union $47

Lynnwood - Edmonds $48

North Everett $50

Renton - Kent $51

4*

Picked Bellevue *Bid $50

Bothell $ 51

Kirkland $ 52

Lake Union $ 53

Lynnwood - Edmonds $ 54

Mukilteo - South Everett $ 55

North Everett $ 56

Renton - Kent $ 57

Seattle Airport (SEA) $ 58

Univ of Washington - Northgate $ 60

3.5*

Bellevue $ 42

Redmond - Kirkland $ 43

Bothell $44

Kirkland $45

Lake Union $46

Lynnwood - Edmonds $47

Mukilteo - South Everett $48

North Everett $49

Renton - Kent $51

Sat., May 21 - Tue., May 24 (3nights)

4*

Picked Bellevue *Bid $50

Bothell $ 52

Kirkland $ 53

Lake Union $ 54

Lynnwood - Edmonds $ 55

Mukilteo - South Everett $ 56

North Everett $ 58

Renton - Kent $ 59

Seattle Airport (SEA) $ 61

Univ of Washington - Northgate $ 62

Thu., May 19 - Mon., May 23 (4nights)

4*

Picked Bellevue *Bid $50

Bothell $ 52

Kirkland $ 53

Lake Union $ 54

Lynnwood - Edmonds $ 55

Mukilteo - South Everett $ 56

North Everett $ 58

Renton - Kent $ 59

Seattle Airport (SEA) $ 61

Univ of Washington - Northgate $ 62

Redmond - Kirkland $ 63

Thu., May 19 - Mon., May 23 (4nights)

3.5*

Bellevue $ 42

Redmond - Kirkland $ 43

Bothell $44

Kirkland $45

Lake Union $46

Lynnwood - Edmonds $47

Mukilteo - South Everett $48

North Everett $49

Renton - Kent $52

Seattle Airport (SEA) $54

I know you've been using SEA as a free rebid since it doesn't have 3 1/2* and up, but maybe it is time to use it for real at the 3* level?

These SEA 3* hotels have been reported here:

Coast Gateway Airport Hotel

Doubletree Seattle Airport

Hilton

Holiday Inn

Marriott

Radisson Seattle Airport

Red Lion Airport

I don't know about all of them, but I think most have free parking. You'd need to check that first.

Several of them are very close to a light rail stop for an easy ride into downtown. If they are not on the light rail, they most likely provide shuttle to the airport and then one could connect with the light rail. Again, you'd need to check first to make sure.

And you could also check the review area for reviews on these hotels. I've stayed at the Doubletree and another I can't recall at the moment, but was very happy with both.

Romelle

I don't think you're doing anything 'wrong' per se, but rates are higher then you expect them to be... your weekend dates are in the middle of your stay so there is no easy way to isolate what may be the less expensive nites.

There is also less hotel competition in these 'Seattle suburbs' so while retail rates may be a little less then downtown properties, they also don't need to discount as much since there are fewer hotels competing for the business.

The Airport suggestion mentioned above is a good one, but i do think there a few hotels in the area which now charge for parking. The plus side is that the light rail can easily take you downtown without any worries about traffic.

Lake Union actually has 3* availability, so you don't want to be bidding that unless you are actually OK with winning there.

However, you can use any of those other zones you initially found acceptable when you were bidding at a higher star level - assuming you are still OK with them at the 3* level? You most likely won't win in them, since they seem to be more expensive, but if you are OK with them in the first place then they can be used now at the 3* level too. They will act sort of like free rebid zones, but you might win in them.

Start with SEA, then add in the other zones you still want, and finally add in the only 3* free rebid - as you increase the $$.

That would give you several more bids.

Romelle

You might do a Quick Search in the box up above on "SEA airport" to see other people's winning bids.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the results and this property will work well for your needs. There is a Whole Foods nearby this property, as well, on the other side of Route 405 (there is an overpass so you can probably walk it) is John Howie Steak which has a great happy hour (like most of Bellevue/Seattle an early and late one) where their burger is $8 and their house beer on tap is $3... a very good $11 'Burger and Beer' meal. Other food items are available and pretty good too... but the burger was very good.

Also a worth mention is the "Tap Room" which has 100+ beers on tap (yes, on tap!)... but the food here wasn't that good, imo. Daniel's Broiler also had a good happy hour for drinks (food was 'pretty good' but not 'great') with an amazing lake view.

Thanks for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]