Hotwire Hotel: 4* Boston (Waterfront-Convention Center) Seaport Hotel

funkatron
By funkatron,
in

Oh, how I hate to be the bearer of bad news.....

Hotel prices are date specific, and along with the start of the tourist season your dates fall during Boston's busiest graduation weekend. I was fortunate to get the Shearton for $110 for these dates, but I did that back in January and it took several weeks before I was successful.

I did a quick search for your dates on several travel sites and unfortunately found that most hotels are sold out, at least for some of your nights.

I wish I had some advice to offer, but at this point I don't.

Oh, how I hate to be the bearer of bad news.....

Hotel prices are date specific, and along with the start of the tourist season your dates fall during Boston's busiest graduation weekend. I was fortunate to get the Shearton for $110 for these dates, but I did that back in January and it took several weeks before I was successful.

I did a quick search for your dates on several travel sites and unfortunately found that most hotels are sold out, at least for some of your nights.

I wish I had some advice to offer, but at this point I don't.

Well aware that hotel prices are date specific, have just a lil experience staying in them :) - hence the query - it is not always obvious what is on in a certain town half a world away on every day.....

Graduation weekend is a new one, but at least I know so thanks....interesting re: the search on other hotels...will definitely have to broaden the ole search then.....

funkatron,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Do you have any back-up plan and/or are your dates flexible?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.....very long time lurker, and been a member for a while....thought I may as well post for a change!

Backup plans - now I know what is on - will be just to change area and go from there it will be fine...just a late decision to tack a few days onto a conference where I have a hotel on the harbourfront....

And dont worry of course I use the links!!

Cheers

Thanks for the offer...tried many different combinations through PRICELINE for the dates and had no luck for anything 3.5* and up....

A few more last minute changes led to a more complicated booking - ended up getting thursday night via hotwire at the seaport hotel at 259 just around the corner from my conference hotel.....friday & saturday in the end had to get 2 rooms as will be with a friend - ended up getting the royal sonesta in cambridge direct at 240 - the only 3.5* and up hotel in Boston I could find availability for at a rate under 500 a night for my dates....

and yes i used the HOTWIRE link :)

Congratulations on your success!

Sorry this stay turned out to be so difficult (and pricey!) but glad to see you got it settled and are happy with the overall results.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the star rating of this hotel and the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]