Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Financial District-Embarcadero) Hyatt Regency

matt82114
By matt82114,
in

I'm totaly new to PRICELINE and betterbidding.com. Tried $70 for Financial District, SOMA, Union Square East, Union Square West. Learned from this site to just pick one "section" and increase my bidding by $5 increments.

Following day did $75, $80, $85, 90. Still no luck. $95 - nope, finally got a bite at $100. Hyatt Regency in the Financial District.

I realize now I didn't get to pick a bed type. I'd hate to have 2 doubles, would prefer a king. Should I call the hotel and ask for one? Any recommendations? I'd also prefer a bay view over a city view. And a balcony. I'm assuming that since I used Priceline and am only paying $100 a night that none of these would even be considered?

Welcome to BetterBidding and congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your result with the board :)

Call the hotel and talk with them about your needs for your room. They might be unwilling to accommodate your request... or maybe charge an additional fee if they are willing to accommodate you request.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

I'd also prefer a bay view over a city view. And a balcony. I'm assuming that since I used Priceline and am only paying $100 a night that none of these would even be considered?

Priceline reservations are for a "standard" room, whatever a standard room is at the hotel you win. Sometimes upgrades happen, for free or for a price, but they're not something you can count on.

Hyatt rates for your dates:

1 King $169

2 Doubles $169

Bayview $194

Bayview with Balcony $209

Since Hyatt charges their retail customers $50 more for upgrade to Bayview with Balcony it's possible/likely they'll charge you extra for those features too. So put on your nicest smile and politely inquire: "Are any Bay View rooms available tonight?" I've been upgraded many times for free. (And turned down many times too.)

Some hotels have a standard fee that they charge Priceline customers for an upgrade. I don't know if Hyatt does.

Having a Hyatt card, like valencia mentioned, can also help.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

I called the hotel asking about earning rewards. They kindly let me know they can't do that since I purchased it with such a discounted rate.

On a side note, does anybody know a good place to park close to this hotel? I would love to avoid paying $57 a night to valet.

See this San Francisco Parking Tips thread (some of the rates posted may be outdated so you'll need to doublecheck, but often the least expensive garage at one point in time continues to be the least expensive garage at a later point in time, even though rates at all garages may have increased)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]