Priceline Hotel: 3* Lower Fairfield County (Greenwich-Stamford) Stamford Plaza

duke2003
By duke2003,
in

Hello all,

I am hoping someone has a good suggestion for me. I am traveling from NC to the Cape and am willing to stop most anywhere in NJ/NY (near Tappan Zee bridge area) and lower Fairfield County CT. I think pretty much anywhere in there will be a good place to stop on our way to the Cape. I am hoping for a pretty nice 3.5 or 4* property for relatively cheap (less than $50 would be GREAT) for the night of 5/25. I want a safe area and somewhere that doesn't charge an arm and leg for parking. I was thinking Stamford area and bid on any of the 3.5* properties there...

I hope this is enough information and my question makes sense to everyone. Look forward to hearing any suggestions!

Thank you for your time.

Have you made any decisions, progress or attempts for the Priceline Boston part of this trip yet? If not, and you're still waiting until closer to your trip to bid for a hotel room, are you ready to bid now for this nite of your trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and please click this PRICELINE link before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

While the area you stay in is somewhat flexible, i think $40-$50 for a 3.5* or higher hotel may be a little aggressive for a mid-week stay (as this area is business-traveler heavy and therefore usually command higher mid-week rates vs. weekend rates). I can't think of any zone off the top of my head which is consistently has 3.5* rated hotels at $40-$50 during the week. As well, there are much more 3* and under hotels than 3.5* and higher hotels, which makes for a bit less competition at the higher rated properties.

If you search HOTWIRE for the general area you're seeking do you see anything close to your desired budget and star rating?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

While the area you stay in is somewhat flexible, i think $40-$50 for a 3.5* or higher hotel may be a little aggressive for a mid-week stay (as this area is business-traveler heavy and therefore usually command higher mid-week rates vs. weekend rates). I can't think of any zone off the top of my head which is consistently has 3.5* rated hotels at $40-$50 during the week. As well, there are much more 3* and under hotels than 3.5* and higher hotels, which makes for a bit less competition at the higher rated properties.

If you search HOTWIRE for the general area you're seeking do you see anything close to your desired budget and star rating?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I was able to book 3* Stamford Plaza Hotel and Conference Center at $55/night. I initially bid $40 and Priceline indicated that if I upped my bid to $55, I would have better luck. Got the hotel for 5/25-5/26 for $55! Not a bad deal, I don't think.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]