Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Waterfront-Convention Center) Renaissance Waterfront

mitchry
By mitchry,
in

I am traveling with with my wife and 2 small children for Mother's Day. We plan on visiting the children's museum on Monday 5/9. Therefore I would like to be in the quicy market, harbor front, or waterfront areas. The * rating is not that important to me, but rather the odds of getting a hotel that will have a room with 2 beds is what I'm going for. Being a Sunday night, with no know large events happening that night, I'm sure vacancy levels will be high, and I'll be able to negotiate a decent rate. I know this is a gamble, but I am willing to take a calculated risk, hopefully with a little help from you.

I'm looking for suggestions on bidding price, * level and area to achieve my goal.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

The issue with PRICELINE is that it only guarantees 1 bed/double occupancy. HOTWIRE is a better choice in this case, as you can indicate 2 adults and 2 children and ensure bedding (commonly 2 beds, but may be 1 + sofabed or other combination) for the entire party. With PRICELINE, you could definitely be stuck with one bed, especially in some cities and/or busier periods. If you search HOTWIRE for your dates for 2/2, are you seeing any listings of interest?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I was told to start a new topic for my downtown Boston stay, so that's what I did.
I was confused since the topic title of your other priceline boston thread indicates 5/7-5/9, which overlaps this nite of 5/8.
I have not made a decision on the previous night yet.
But we are awaiting your reply:
For this leg of your trip, what is the minimum star rating and maximum budget (before fees and taxes)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ok, my apologies. I'll figure out the night on 5/7 on my own. There is lots of examples of people getting really good rates, at nice hotels, so I'm all set there. So we can close that out. I'd like to focus on 5/8 downtown. I have looked at Hotwire, and there isn't anything that interests me. I can book the Millenium Boston that night with an andvanced purchase AAA rate for $172 and it seems to be going down as the date approaches. From reading other posts it seems that people are getting 3.5 and 4* hotels for around $100. So around there is where I'd like to start my bidding.....back to my question what star levels and or areas do I want to avoid so that I don't get stuck in an old hotel that has small rooms and may only offer 1 bed. I am confident that I will be able to work with the larger hotels to reserve a 2 bed room after booking as, it's a Sunday night and it doesn't seem to be all that busy on that day.

Thanks again for your help

I'll figure out the night on 5/7 on my own.... So we can close that out.
Please do... nobody reading your other thread will know to look here to learn that you'll 'figure that one out on your own' so please follow-up that thread with some comments as such and then also later reply with whatever you do end up doing for that stay.

Then bump this thread and we'll have a look at your 5/8 stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Got the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel for $125. I started @ 4* in the Aquarium zone at $90 and went up from there using rebid zones, to no avail up to $125. I then moved to the Waterfront area @ 4* etc, etc,

This ended up being a bid for *3.5 @ $125.

The option to bid $30 higher without changing anything started at $112.

I was hoping that I would get a little lower price, but I called the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel andthey were willing to accomodate a crib and 2 double beds so I'm happy. I've stayed at this hotel before using marriot reward points and was very happy with my stay, so all in all, this seems like a decent bid.

Retail price is $359...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]