Priceline Hotel: Bidding and Upgrade Question

jack300s
By jack300s,
in

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. We'll be in Honolulu in early November for three days prior to a cruise. When would be a good time to bid for Resort Hotels. I've heard early November is a slower time of the year (true/not true)?

Also, I've used priceline for bidding in New York City, Southern California, and other cities with good success. However, sometimes the room location in the hotels is not the best. Anyone had success requesting an upgrade to ocean or partial ocean view rooms in Hawaii? What is a good price to pay in a resort hotel for an upgrade if possible?

Thanks

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

This issue with PRICELINE is that reservations are not eligible for upgraded rooms. While users can definitely call ahead and try to negotiate with the hotel, policy is going to vary by hotel and availability is going to be varied from day-to-day. The hotel could say yes, or could say no. If you definitely need an upgrade, then PRICELINE or HOTWIRE are not an optimal option, as there's no way to ensure that the hotel will be willing to offer you the option to upgrade.

If there is something wrong with the room, then I would ask at check-in if there is anything else available or, if that doesn't work, call PRICELINE. However, in terms of upgrades, it's worth a try to ask, but if it's a necessity I would book regular rate.

What would be your desired budget per night and exact date/s of travel?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 3 months later...

We used Priceline for a couple nights at they Hyatt Regency Waikiki. Of course, the rooms were city view, however, when checking in I asked about upgrading. I was given 3 upgrade options (partial ocean, deluxe ocean and ocean front). We gladly upgraded to deluxe ocean view for $50 more per night..

wel worth it!

We used Priceline for a couple nights at they Hyatt Regency Waikiki. Of course, the rooms were city view, however, when checking in I asked about upgrading. I was given 3 upgrade options (partial ocean, deluxe ocean and ocean front). We gladly upgraded to deluxe ocean view for $50 more per night..

wel worth it!

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could post your win, as even the information from prior wins can help others.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]