Hotwire Hotel: Need Help - Boston for 5/20 to 5/22

A11Apologies
By A11Apologies,
in

Hello,

Was wondering if someone could help with a strategy for Boston from May 20 - 22.

Somewhere around $150 would be fine (cheaper is better obv).

Also how far away is the the Logan Airport area or Cambridge from the main part? Is it easy to get to by like subway?

Areas I would like are (in order of best to worst):

Quincy Market

Boston Harbour

Copley

Fenway

Waterfront

Brighton/Brookline

South Boston

Cambridge

Revere-Airport

I see a deal for $140/night at LMT (first night is available and second is "On Request") should I just take that for now? I've tried up to $140 on Priceline and got nothing fwiw.

This is graduation weekend for several univiersities. I know -- I'm attending two! As you're probably seeing, hotels that have availability are charging astronomical prices.

Regarding Logan, I often stay at the Hilton or Hyatt by choice while in Boston. Both have 24 hour shuttles that will take you to the T and from there it's about 10 minutes to downtown. Not the same as walking out the door and being downtown, but I've never found it particularly burdensome. Also, the Hyatt has the water taxi to get across the harbor. It's pricey ($10 one-way/$17 round trip), but it's fun and I usually splurge once when staying at the Hyatt.

LMT has the Hyatt for $140 (which can be cancelled) and I can recommend the hotel. Whether you choose the Hyatt or find another option, I'd highly recommend you book a cancellable back-up immediately. You can then keep bidding in hopes that more rooms are released to Hotwire or Priceline closer to the date of your stay.

Good luck to you and wave to me that weekend in Boston!

Quincy Market

Boston Harbour

Copley

Fenway

Waterfront

Brighton/Brookline

South Boston

Cambridge

Revere-Airport

How high have you already bid? Which of these zones have you included in your bidding... i'm assuming haven't bid the Airport zone at $150, correct?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just a little more friendly advice.....

If you decide to bid for Revere I'd stick with 4* hotels. The Hyatt and Hilton are on the airport site, but some of the 3*s are quite a bit away. Also, based on my experiences the Logan Hyatt and Hilton don't seem to release rooms until closer to travel dates (i.e., a month/sometimes a week). I usually watch HOTWIRE to see if one shows up and then I bid on PRICELINE.

Someone else will need to advise you about Cambridge. I've always avoided the zone because I was under the impression that some of the hotels were not close to the T. And I could be totally wrong on that, but I thought I'd throw it out for your consideration.

Again, good luck for this very busy Boston weekend.

I've tried all but the last two (Cambridge and Revere) up to $150.
Did you want to include these other two zones in your bidding at this point in time or stick with the other preferred zones?
I've always avoided the zone because I was under the impression that some of the hotels were not close to the T.
Indeed, there are.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did you want to include these other two zones in your bidding at this point in time or stick with the other preferred zones?

If they were easy to access (subway) then yes I would but Liset pointed out that they aren't. So maybe start without them and then see what I have to do (except maybe the 4*'s Liset posted are close).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]