Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Island) Hilton Gaslamp

triig02
By triig02,
in

Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter

401 K Street

San Diego, CA 92101

619-231-4040

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $87.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Room Subtotal: $261.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $44.13 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $305.13 (USD)

Online price is $160 + tax per night.

I really liked the lofts which include a tub for +$20 per night. I wanted to know if there are any tips on how to get an upgrade (if possible) to this room for cheap.

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the results and this property works well for your plans. Are you willing to pay an extra $20/nite for the loft rooms OR are you looking for a completely complimentary upgrade?

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

PS- please read your messages

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm staying three nights, from July 21-24th. I was looking to get a boutique hotel, the omni, W or something modern since I'm 22 but the Hilton is fine. I'm new here, I don't believe I can change the hotel, am I right? Anyway, I was content with paying $87/nt instead of the original $169.

I am willing to pay for an upgrade but not really the $20 per night since parking is $35 per night. Any tips on how to get an upgraded room for cheaper/free?

Thanks!

With PRICELINE, when you bid for a star rating and a zone (4* Downtown/Harbor Island, for example), then you have to be willing to be accept any of the possible hotels in the zone at that star rating. There is no way to change hotels with PRICELINE.

PRICELINE reservations are only for regular/non-upgraded rooms, but you can call the hotel and try to negotitate an upgrade. They may be more than willing or may say no due to policy or availability. It will depend on the day/the hotel and other factors.

As far as the upgrade i would as at check-in if any upgrades are available... you may get one for free. If you're offered an upgrade but at an additional fee (say the $20/nite) offer $25 or $30 for the 3 nites... if the hotel isn't busy and thinks those rooms may otherwise go unsold to walk-in customers, they may take less then their asking price.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have heard from friends in Vegas that it is very common to slip a $20er along with your credit card/id but I've never done this as I think it would make the employees feel cheap. I'm not sure if this applies everywhere or not. I do appreciate your tips, however.

Online price is $160 + tax per night.

Can you confirm your travel dates since July 21-24 is Comic-Con and all four Hiltons near Downtown San Diego are showing Sold Out. 4* hotels with availability are going for $350+, and I don't think the Hilton would have been $160 unless a mistake rate was loaded (which is possible).

Did you maybe win this for June 21-24? If you won the Hilton Gaslamp for $87 during Comic-Con that's a fantastic deal!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]