Advice Plz. ROC Minivan 5/20-6/3

booyaa
By booyaa,
in

Graduation is coming up, family coming into town from overseas. 6 people total. Would need a minivan. I am underage at 23 years.

Checked out some rates, cheapest is Enterprise (non-airport location) around 866 including taxes but not underage fees. Airport location all go well over 1000 dollars.

Priceline would only let me bid at the airport location (ROC), it says to place a offer that includes the underage fee, around what price range should I bid?

Thanks

Enterprise underage is around 23.5 a day. It shows a total of 329 for underage when I pull a dummy order on their website. The rate is 759.98 for the 2 weeks, so about 54 a day not including underage fee. Looking to be around 78 a day subtotal. These are the rates for a non-airport location.

For airport, it is 1185.7 for 2 weeks, ~85 a day, with a total airport fee of 168.28. Underage fee is the same.

When bidding on priceline, are taxes and airport fees included?

When you bid on PRICELINE taxes and fees are added to the amount of your bid, but the total you will be charged will be shown on the 'review' page before you enter your credit card information, submit your bid, or click on the "Buy My Rental Car Now" button.

However, you'll need to add the underage driver fee to the amount of your bid.

Your total above comes to about $24/day vehicle rental, $24/day underage driver fee, $10/day tax... which would be equivalent to a $48/day bid but if renting from an airport location the taxes/fees will almost certainly be higher.

Based upon the above, what would be your maximum bid (daily rate + underage fee) for this rental?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hmm, I just made a refundable reservation with Hertz today for 919.62 all in using AAA rate and a underage fee waiver coupon. Best I can find right now.

Base rate is 57.62 a day times 14 = 806.68, then plus 14% taxes = 919.62. My maximum bid will ideally result in a lower total cost, so maybe around $54? According to my dummy bid, a bid of $54 will result in $910.78 total including taxes and fees.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]