Priceline Hotel: Paris Hotel Bidding Question

tufty2000
By tufty2000,
in

My wife and I will be in Paris in a couple of months for 3 days. We'd like to get a hotel on Priceline. I've been to Paris once before, but that 12 years ago and I've forgotten the lay of the land. There are a number of Priceline zones, and unlike cities I'm more familiar with (Chicago, New York) I don't have a great sense how far things are from each other.

My basic goal is to get a nice hotel -- hopefully 4* for $150-200. I don't need to be right in the middle of things (though I'm not sure exactly where right in the middle would be in Paris), and sort of enjoy seeing parts of a city where people actually work or live as opposed to just where the museums and other attractions are.

That said, I would also like to be no more than 1/2 hour or so by metro from the major attractions, and wondered if there are any zones to be avoided based on accessibility to the city center or for other reasons. Here are the zones:

1) Opera quarter east - Les Halles

2) Champs Elysses - Opera Qtr West

3) Eiffel Tower Qtr- Genelle

4) St. Germain - Latin Qtr

5) Batignolles - montmarte

6) Bastille - Bercy

7) La Defense - Neuilly

When I bid I will used the betterbidding link. Thanks.

My wife and I will be in Paris in a couple of months for 3 days.
Do you have specific dates in mind?
When I bid I will used the betterbidding PRICELINE link.
Please begin to use each time you access their site. Please click this PRICELINE link before replying.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There are other more knowledgeable about this area then me (and hopefully some of them will chime in) but i believe these are three most common bid areas:

Champs Elysses - Opera Qtr West

Eiffel Tower Qtr- Genelle

St. Germain - Latin Qtr

With the above noted, i found Paris to be fairly spread out with no one central location, everything seemed liked a subway ride from one site to the next. As well, each neighborhood had a very different feel, and while our hotel was considered centrally located i didn't really love the neighborhood. Your needs don't sound too great, and i think a 30 minute subway ride would be do-able from most area, although Bastille-Bercy and La Devense-Neuilly seem to be the further out, so i would at least research those to see if they would fall within the parameters you're seeking.

Hopefully somebody else will be able add their thoughts and confirm.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]